• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USA Hockey team

Man, I've got something in my eye.....
zJb4R.gif

CONGRATS LADIES! What a game. Did anyone else seem to think the USA poured it on and Canada got tighter as the 3rd period ended? OT they looked a bit slower as well. The announcers have not really commented on it, just curious if you all saw it. GBR, GO USWNT!!

CONGRATS LADIES! What a game. Did anyone else seem to think the USA poured it on and Canada got tighter as the 3rd period ended? OT they looked a bit slower as well. The announcers have not really commented on it, just curious if you all saw it. GBR, GO USWNT!!
Kindly refer to posts #45 and #46.

Oh, yes, I even commented to my Linda, Canada is feeling the pressure, because USA is totally dominating the 4th period. We just have to win, because, we ARE Dominating this period. Oh, was I so on it! :)

I have to say, on Wisconsin!! They were so much a part of this Olympic victory.

I think, I will wear my Husker Hockey Jersey tomorrow. It ain't USA, per se, but it feels like a great time to wear it. :)

(I bought it in Lincoln, a few decades ago; it was a steal of a price.) ;)

Goodnight, Ladies! Sleep tight! You all were totally awesome. So proud, you hung in there, showed your moxie!!

GO, USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1519284365306.jpg

1519286730924.jpg

lADIES, WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE WINNERS, WINNERS, CHICKEN DINNERS! ;)

Last edited:
shootouts are such a brutal way to decide a game of that magnitude, but i guess going to 4 overtimes like they sometimes do in stanley cup playoffs wouldn't make much sense to some hockey fans either.
some great moves in that shootout and that final goal was a thing of beauty.
tough loss for the canadian team. full marks to the american women. well played game.

shootouts are such a brutal way to decide a game of that magnitude, but i guess going to 4 overtimes like they sometimes do in stanley cup playoffs wouldn't make much sense to some hockey fans either.
some great moves in that shootout and that final goal was a thing of beauty.
tough loss for the canadian team. full marks to the american women. well played game.
I don't like it being decided by a shootout either, but it looked to me like that's what Canada wanted in the OT period. USA clearly dominated that 20 minutes, and Canada was intent on going to a shootout.

Without a doubt the US looked in better condition in the 3rd and OT. I mentioned it earlier but it seemed with the one goal lead, Canada was looking to back off on attacking in the 3rd and was content on just clogging up the middle to keep the US out of an offensive rhythm. Once the US tied it, Canada didn't seem to have the legs to mount much offense when they needed to and the US was still flying around and aggressive with their attack.

The ONLY way Canada was going to win that game last night after it was tied at 2 was with a shootout. I hate deciding games that way.

Congratulations USA Lady Hockey team. Don't wait another 20 years to win Gold!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back