• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Recording of the 3:00 presser

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just listened to it and a couple of the statements that I like [the whole presser was great] was that;
1. When he played QB at NU TO used to make him run laps if he ran out of bounds instead of lowering his shoulder He also said he wants a tough QB like he had at previous 3 QB he coached. :nod:
2. He also thought that we signed about 5 out of every 7 recruits that did OVs. Pretty good. :Woohoo2:
3. He said weather isn't as much of a factor as allot people think and that players go to play at B1G locations that are colder that Nebraska. The real issue is the perception of what Lincoln Ne is really like, not just a stadium in the middle of a cornfield.
4. His goal for players for the spring practice/game is to get better each day, on the field and in the weight room.
I'm ready for next season. GBR! :Huskerflag:

One thing that I found very interesting that SF mentioned was that "we needed a young quarterback" at 3:42 mark above. I'm not sure whether this was just a "we need a QB in every recruiting class" type comment, or more of a shot across the bow for POB & Gebbia to pay attention to. I guess we'll find out soon enough, but if I was POB or Gebbia and I wasn't real confident in my speed/running ability...I'd be looking elsewhere, because they ARE young QB's.

Last edited:
Proof is in the puddin brother. I watched with my own two eyes as a very stable, very competent, very poised, QB with lessor talent (2nd/3rd string offense) singlehandedly ran an offense against our top D in a R&W game. He looked as sharp as any I've seen in the past 10 years. I think we need to realize that he, at that point, was a true freshman. Think of what a fall and a spring for that matter under the toolage of the current strength training staff and QB's coach for that matter can bring about. I'm personally in wait and see mode. If AM comes out on top, good we have our best man at the helm and all the more reason to get behind him. If he doesn't, I'm perfectly ok with that knowing the abilities of what we already have on hand.

Last edited:

One thing that I found very interesting that SF mentioned was that "we needed a young quarterback" at 3:42 mark above. I'm not sure whether this was just a "we need a QB in every recruiting class" type comment, or more of a shot across the bow for POB & Gebbia to pay attention to. I guess we'll find out soon enough, but if I was POB or Gebbia and I wasn't real confident in my speed/running ability...I'd be looking elsewhere, because they ARE young QB's.

Are you looking for someone to call a quitter again? Based on 40 times Gebbia is faster than Milton and Martinez and Martinez is the slowest of the three. I don't think confidence is an issue for Gebbia, I hope Martinez doesn't transfer when he sees how fast Gebbia is.

Proof is in the puddin brother. I watched with my own two eyes as a very stable, very competent, very poised, QB with lessor talent (2nd/3rd string offense) singlehandedly ran an offense against our top D in a R&W game. He looked as sharp as any I've seen in the past 10 years. I think we need to realize that he, at that point, was a true freshman. Think of what a fall and a spring for that matter under the toolage of the current strength training staff and QB's coach for that matter can bring about. I'm personally in wait and see mode. If AM comes out on top, good we have our best man at the helm and all the more reason to get behind him. If he doesn't, I'm perfectly ok with that knowing the abilities of what we already have on hand.
I agree with everything you've said here. I simply found the comment interesting and unnecessary. Perhaps, it means absolutely nothing, and perhaps it is very telling. No way to know at this point.

Are you looking for someone to call a quitter again? Based on 40 times Gebbia is faster than Milton and Martinez and Martinez is the slowest of the three. I don't think confidence is an issue for Gebbia, I hope Martinez doesn't transfer when he sees how fast Gebbia is.
LOL. You're sounding like Beano Cooke, let's just hand Gebbia a few Heisman's right now. While he is seemingly very talented, he is still a pro-style QB who will be running (or not) a non-pro style offense going forward. He has lost any real advantage he had being here a year, and, he was not recruited for the offense by Frost. He may be confident, but toss in the SF comment about needing a young QB and Gebbia's got to be wondering if it's worth trying to win this competition, or if he'd be better served finding another pro-style team to transfer to. Personally, I think both he and POB will have a decent shot at starting next year...every bit as good a shot as Martinez, but still...Frost's comment is interesting. We'll know a whole lot more after the Spring game.

Last edited:
I agree with everything you've said here. I simply found the comment interesting and unnecessary. Perhaps, it means absolutely nothing, and perhaps it is very telling. No way to know at this point.
Typicaly speaking I chose not to engage with you on the forum. It's not you personally it's just your stance is often times wishy-washy. Greatest fan one day GFOA the next. Once again nothing personal. I will say that as of late you have seemed to have cooled your jets so I will bite. Although I can not speak on behalf of HCSF, his staff, the Univerisity of Nebraska, or anyone even affiliated with the program. I did take the statement he made regarding needing a young QB at face value. We need a young QB. Yes. Yes we do. We are going to need one if not two next year as well. The year after that we will need another, and so on and so forth. I would consider any QB in our QB room at this point a "young QB" and I would also agree that we need them as well. Considering that regardless of the incoming talent at best our QB next year is going to be a RS Sophomore I would say that the whole coop is "young". We will need all of them. Every last damn one. I wouldn't read too far in to it. Maybe he reached out to Dugan directly afterward and pitched him on the opportunity? Who knows. Regardless, it's true.

LOL. You're sounding like Beano Cooke, let's just hand Gebbia a few Heisman's right now. While he is seemingly very talented, he is still a pro-style QB who will be running (or not) a non-pro style offense going forward. He has lost any real advantage he had being here a year, and, he was not recruited for the offense by Frost. He may be confident, but toss in the SF comment about needing a young QB and Gebbia's got to be wondering if it's worth trying to win this competition, or if he'd be better served finding another pro-style team to transfer to. Personally, I think both he and POB will have a decent shot at starting next year...every bit as good a shot as Martinez, but still...Frost's comment is interesting. We'll know a whole lot more after the Spring game.

Hand him the Heisman because I made on a comment on his speed based on actual verifiable numbers rather than making an assumption based on a label given by recruiting services? Dugan may be our guy for the 2019 class, he is listed as Dual yet Pro teams are offering him. We need a young QB every class.

When does a QB become old in college? My guess is that whoever starts in the first game of the season, whether it's POB, Gebbia, or Martinez, that QB will be referred to as a young QB who doesn't have any (Gebbia, Martinez) or much (POB) college playing experience. The old QB in the room is Andrew Bunch.

Last edited:
Hand him the Heisman because I made on a comment on his speed based on actual verifiable numbers rather than making an assumption based on a label given by recruiting services? Dugan may be our guy for the 2019 class, he is listed as Dual yet Pro teams are offering him. We need a young QB every class.
I don't think anyone has "actual verified numbers" that confirms any of these kids as faster than the other(s). They'd need to be timed under the exact same conditions, on the same date, and by the same person/timer. Besides, there are plenty of fast guys that aren't good runners...so minimal margins of greater incremental speed often means nothing anyway.

Last edited:

I don't think anyone has "actual verified numbers" that confirms any of these kids as faster than the other(s). They'd need to be timed under the exact same conditions, on the same date, and by the same person/timer. Besides, there are plenty of fast guys that aren't good runners...so minimal margins of greater incremental speed often means nothing anyway.

The board seems to be convinced the staff is going to line up the position groups and name starters based on who can win a foot race. Other than maybe O'Brien, all of our QBs are plenty fast to run this offense. What they need to be worried about is learning the offense and being able to quickly and confidently make good decisions. None of these guys, including O'Brien, should be worried about their chances based on who would win a foot race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back