• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 Scholarship Numbers

For what it's worth, Schaefer just mentioned on Game Time with Nick Bahe that "Nebraska probably only has 4 or 5 more spots." It'll definitely be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks.

Added S Cam'ron Jones to the list of committed prospects. Puts us at 86 scholarships with 2 known remaining spots. With additional attrition, the remaining openings will increase. Also added S Isaiah Stalbird, walk on from Kearney.

Removed WR Zack Darlington from the scholarship list. That puts us at 85 known scholarships with 3 openings in the 2018 recruiting class. Also added walk-on S Corbin Frederick from Mansfield, TX.

Removed DT Masry Mapieu. Coaches won't let him sign next week due to academic concerns. Hopefully he still finds a way onto the team by fall, but doesn't look likely. 84 known scholarships with 4 open and 19 total commits. *Frost is on record as saying he wants 24-27 in the class, so that points to non-public attrition.

Added walk-ons RB Moses Bryant (Elkhorn South), WR Bennett Folkers (Gothenburg), and RB Simon Otte (York). Also added transfer S Lane McCallum (Norfolk/Air Force) to the walk-on list. Not sure what year he'll be yet, he's originally from the 2017 class.

Added walk-on LS Cade Mueller (Gretna). Added three scholarship signings: OT Willie Canty (Belle Glade, FL), LB Caleb Tannor (Lithonia, GA), and CB Cam Taylor (Montgomery, AL). 87 known scholarships. However, Gary Sharp and Damon Benning have been hinting that we've had a few more guys transfer out.

One of the best feelings about this session was that I didn't see the obvious "reach" and fill the class signings that seemed evident in the early Bo years. Maybe I don't know who the reaches were, but when the the late offers at at least a 3 star, then that seems pretty healthy. Correct me if I am unaware.

One of the best feelings about this session was that I didn't see the obvious "reach" and fill the class signings that seemed evident in the early Bo years. Maybe I don't know who the reaches were, but when the the late offers at at least a 3 star, then that seems pretty healthy. Correct me if I am unaware.

I don't think NU has signed too many players who were not at least 3*, regardless of regime. The late offers have been critiqued as being very good players by most, but i think that is pretty typical of most recruits. Not many are willing to call a guy a "miss" before they ever set foot on campus.

The only player that I would consider a possible reach is Willie Canty. He obviously plays a huge position of need though. The reason I say he could be considered a reach is because Frost offered him in late January at Nebraska. His offer list included: Nebraska, Louisville, Marshall, FIU, UMass, UCF, USF, and Western Kentucky. Frost did offer him pretty early at UCF though and I did like his tape. Hopefully Coach Austin can turn him into an All-American tackle!

The only player that I would consider a possible reach is Willie Canty. He obviously plays a huge position of need though. The reason I say he could be considered a reach is because Frost offered him in late January at Nebraska. His offer list included: Nebraska, Louisville, Marshall, FIU, UMass, UCF, USF, and Western Kentucky. Frost did offer him pretty early at UCF though and I did like his tape. Hopefully Coach Austin can turn him into an All-American tackle!
In addition to Frost offering him last spring, 247Sports listed him as one of the four top targets for UCF when Frost was coaching. The relationship that the staff had with Canty does go a long way to taking that "reach" idea away as you alluded to.

Anyone know the status of Peyton Newell? The last i read he could be transferring to K-State, although that sounded real iffy.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back