• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 Royals

ColoREDo

REDo posts matter!!!
10 Year Member
Its looking like the Royals are going to resign Escobar. Its a confusing move to me as we are creating a logjam at SS. This is most likely not going to be a contending year so why not let Mondesi sink or swim at SS the whole season? Rumor has it that the Royals are looking for Mondesi to possibly play 2B which means Merrifield would be traded. That would mean both of my favorite players(Cain going to the Brewers) would be gone. Mondesi is also being considered in CF.

Muddying up the SS waters is the fact that the Royals also signed Goins from Toronto. He can also play 3rd. Add the fact that Nicky Lopez is projected to be ready in 2019 and these moves look really confusing.

Moustakis and Hosmer are still available.

They just must not have much hope in Mondesi. How long is the Escobar deal? Certainly not contenders for a few years, but have to have enough talent to put out a team and draw a few fans. Royals would certainly be a fallback for Hosmer at this point. But if he has 7 year offers from Padres and Royals as reported, he just as well come back to KC. That's enough time to live through the rebuild, assuming he would stay productive enough to be a part of it. There is always the chance he could do really well and be traded part way through the deal too.

They just must not have much hope in Mondesi. How long is the Escobar deal? Certainly not contenders for a few years, but have to have enough talent to put out a team and draw a few fans. Royals would certainly be a fallback for Hosmer at this point. But if he has 7 year offers from Padres and Royals as reported, he just as well come back to KC. That's enough time to live through the rebuild, assuming he would stay productive enough to be a part of it. There is always the chance he could do really well and be traded part way through the deal too.
I don't think the specifics of the Escobar deal have been announced but I can't believe it will be a lot of $.

I get the logic behind trading Whit right now, but I don't want to see it. Really, the only way I could support trading Whit, is if both Esky and Hosmer are resigned. Unless there's more to a deal with trading Whit, KC will only get prospects out of it. No club is going to trade a dependable starter. Blah. Probably the first time since 2011 that I'm going into a season with little to no hope.

I get the logic behind trading Whit right now, but I don't want to see it. Really, the only way I could support trading Whit, is if both Esky and Hosmer are resigned. Unless there's more to a deal with trading Whit, KC will only get prospects out of it. No club is going to trade a dependable starter. Blah. Probably the first time since 2011 that I'm going into a season with little to no hope.
I want Whit in Royal Blue next year and into the future. Very solid at many positions. Good bat. Steals bases. Quality player all-around.

Wow, Brewers signing Cain to 80 million for 5 years and getting Yelich . I guess they are going for it.

Wow, Brewers signing Cain to 80 million for 5 years and getting Yelich . I guess they are going for it.
Good pick up there for the Royals. The Marlins seriously need new owners, they are a complete joke and help bring the sport a black eye. 3 players left from last years roster on opening day, disgusting. As a Marlins fan, and I've never felt this way before, but I hope they have the worst attendance(that wont be to hard) and finish dead last in the league this year. I hope these flipping yahoos that own the club, lose a billion dollars when all is said and done, and are forced to sell the franchise to some group that actually wants to win.

Good pick up there for the Royals. The Marlins seriously need new owners, they are a complete joke and help bring the sport a black eye. 3 players left from last years roster on opening day, disgusting. As a Marlins fan, and I've never felt this way before, but I hope they have the worst attendance(that wont be to hard) and finish dead last in the league this year. I hope these flipping yahoos that own the club, lose a billion dollars when all is said and done, and are forced to sell the franchise to some group that actually wants to win.
I think they are going for a complete makeover of their system. Its going to be tough for a couple of years but it might pay of after that.

I think they are going for a complete makeover of their system. Its going to be tough for a couple of years but it might pay of after that.
The complete makeover needs to start with the owners. They need to be run out of the business..... I've seen it too many times in the past to care about these morons future ownership of the Marlins. UGH!!!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back