• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Zach Duval named Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year

Added defensive coordinator Erik Chinander: “Zach is awesome. We were strong and fast this year, thanks to his work. We had zero soft tissue injuries this year.”

That is amazing. Welcome back home Zach!

Was he named Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year by UCF ? ;)
FootballScoop is proud to announce that Zach Duval is the 2017 FootballScoop Strength & Conditioning Coach of the Year presented by AstroTurf as selected by prior winners.

Previous winners of the Strength & Conditioning Coach of the Year award are Don Sommer (TCU, 2008), Joey Batson (Clemson, 2009), Kevin Yoxall (Auburn, 2010), Shannon Turley (Stanford, 2011), Kaz Kazadi (Baylor, 2012), Pat Ivey (Missouri, 2013), Zac Woodfin (UAB, 2014), Ken Mannie (Michigan State, 2015) and Tim Socha (Washington, 2016). The prior winners selected this year’s winner.

http://footballscoop.com/news/zach-...otballscoop-strength-conditioning-coach-year/

Zero soft tissue injuries I’d love to get verified.

Had to be an exaggeration , but anything less than we've had here would be an improvement, for sure.

Whhhooooooooooooooooeeee break out the ice tanks. Would feel great after a brisk late November game.

Did I just move up a rung getting quoted by ***? Sorry for the new guy mistake and not posting my source.

http://footballscoop.com/news/zach-duval-2017-footballscoop-strength-conditioning-coach-year/
Lol wasn’t looking for your source, I was just curious what the coach meant by no soft tissue injuries all year. Was that season ending? Just in his position group? If they didn’t have a soft tissue injury all year that someone sat out, that’s unprecedented.

Lol wasn’t looking for your source, I was just curious what the coach meant by no soft tissue injuries all year. Was that season ending? Just in his position group? If they didn’t have a soft tissue injury all year that someone sat out, that’s unprecedented.

Key words "sat out."

The 90's Husker teams were in great shape, but they also had agreement to never show weakness through injury. Those guys never laid around on the field, for any reason (this was before using toe cramps for clock management). I can remember a couple guys jogging off to the wrong sidelines...

Last edited:
That reminded me, I heard a caller on 1620 say something to the effect that he only reads ShortSideOption posts on the website he uses.
Did I just move up a rung getting quoted by ***? Sorry for the new guy mistake and not posting my source.

http://footballscoop.com/news/zach-duval-2017-footballscoop-strength-conditioning-coach-year/

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back