• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU National Champions

John Cook is so much like Tom Osborne in so many ways. From his demeanor to the way he teaches young student athletes to become outstanding people. And now, Coach Cook has one more national title than Osborne. :)

It's an amazing parallel how much Terry Pettit and John Cook are like Bob Devaney and Tom Osborne. The godfathers of their respective sports followed by the greatest of all-time.

And hopefully we have the third coach coming up in football with Frost. Delaney, Osborne & Frost has a nice ring to it. When Cook retires, it will be interesting to see who takes over. Hope it's one of Cook's decibels. He's a teaching machine.

I'm glad we were! Those ladies never did play tight - maybe their seeding gave them a little extra something to play for - to prove the committee wrong. Regardless, I can't recall seeing a group of young folks play with so much abandon, and have so much fun in a match that meant this much.
I'm glad we were! Those ladies never did play tight - maybe their seeding gave them a little extra something to play for - to prove the committee wrong. Regardless, I can't recall seeing a group of young folks play with so much abandon, and have so much fun in a match that meant this much.

Coach Cook said they started working with a University psychologist last year to handle stress but really kicked it into gear this year. Used some meditation and 8 hours of sleep every night, plus some undisclosed things I'm sure. He said this was the looses team he's had. Frost take notice. You can learn some things from Coach Cook.

Coach Cook said they started working with a University psychologist last year to handle stress but really kicked it into gear this year. Used some meditation and 8 hours of sleep every night, plus some undisclosed things I'm sure. He said this was the looses team he's had. Frost take notice. You can learn some things from Coach Cook.

Thanks for the post, I did hear some of that. And it works - last night after the ladies lost the third set, one of them said that they went back to their breathing excercises and "just relaxed." Also, the girls were so jacked up after their semi-final win, they had to use some meditation to be able to get some sleep. I think we all saw the results...yet another example of Cook's willingness to "re-invent" and look at new methods. I agree, hope Scott is paying attention! "Paging Dr. Stark, paging Dr. Stark..."

Last edited:

Is this the highest their program has ever gone? Believe it is...certainly nothing for those girls to be ashamed of. One team has to lose...
Back in 2003, USC capped a 35-0 season by defeating Florida in the finals 3-1. Mary Wise was also the coach of that Florida team.

I just want to say, when I heard on the post game that this was a huge upset, made me want to puke! We faced them twice, beat them twice. Only because of injuries was our record what it was. Huge upset? Hell, I knew we were going to win.........and, that's the truth!! :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back