• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #10, (W, 78-68), Tue, 12/5 vs Minnesota (#23) (8-1), @ PBA, 8:00 pm CST, BTN

Creighton is definitely beatable, but their style is a bad matchup for us.

As I said on the game thread, tonight, we just need to keep confident. The moment we get pressured is the time to believe you are still in control. Near the end, it took a little bit to get accustomed to the onslaught, then they hung in and prevailed; that was good to see.

Trolls will be right back after the next loss. The ones who show up after wins though I don’t think are trolls, just frustrated fans.
Without a doubt. I think all of us are in that category. But we take the good with the bad instead of ignoring the good and emphasizing the bad...thats a troll.

nice game tonight. man the energy on defense for NU was outstanding. Watson is good. MN was flat and NU had much to do with that. I'm still left wondering what NU does WELL. something they can hang their hat on and say "this is who we are, this is what we do well." Tonight was evidence that when NU is on, the can be pretty good. I just hope they can find that something that gives them a sense of direction. THats what i'm looking for but tonight definitely has to do wonders for their confidence. Not much to say that isn't captain obvious but consistency.....thats the issue. this was a great win. lets do it again.
i REALLY hope Miles is ready for the next game. McDermott has absolutely owned him and its time for that to stop.

GBR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice game tonight. man the energy on defense for NU was outstanding. Watson is good. MN was flat and NU had much to do with that. I'm still left wondering what NU does WELL. something they can hang their hat on and say "this is who we are, this is what we do well." Tonight was evidence that when NU is on, the can be pretty good. I just hope they can find that something that gives them a sense of direction. THats what i'm looking for but tonight definitely has to do wonders for their confidence. Not much to say that isn't captain obvious but consistency.....thats the issue. this was a great win. lets do it again.
i REALLY hope Miles is ready for the next game. McDermott has absolutely owned him and its time for that to stop.

GBR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree on a lack of identity. Nevertheless, great game to watch!!

Did anyone else think that Jordy was the key to the win last night? He still is very out of sync on offense. I haven't gone back and looked at the technical foul either. Okeke made himself felt out there as well. I thought Jordy's quick hands and reasonably quick feet allowed the defense to trap-switch a lot during the game, and Jordy's switching was successful rather than a disaster. I don't think Minnesota ever figured that one out.

It was a fun atmosphere, and the fans brought it for most of the game. Glynn was actually less smooth than normal, looked like he was pressing a lot. I haven't looked at the stats but I would guess he had more turnovers than normal. Okay, I looked, it was only 2. :) Still seemed like there were some wild passes.

Anyways, great win. Huskers needed to learn to salt away a win, hope this was that.

Last edited:
Great win. :Corn2:

I couldn't fall asleep right after the game because I was so amped up.

We got a glimpse of the potential of this team and I like it. Just need to build on it and become consistent.

Glynn playing aggressive is the key. Both for him and for team play. It's almost like sometimes he forgets just how good he is. He needs to play with confidence and aggression each and every game.

I really like Palmer. I think I am most confident when he has the ball in his hands. The sky is the limit for this kid.

Great team defense. And it seemed like we were quicker than the Gophers and won about 3/4 of all loose balls.

Hope is alive and well. :Biggrin:

GBR!!!

Fans rushing the court :Facepalm:
I didn't stay up for the game, but when I saw that we won, I was hoping the students didn't storm the court. I am fine with rushing the court when you have a REALLY big win. But rushing the court against an over ranked (but good) Minnesota team is bush league.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back