• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

AD Bill Moos Press Conference on Mike Riley Firing/'Hunt' For New Coach: 6 potential candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you admit you were wrong to project your "love" opinion onto another member? Good. That's a start. But you're still all over the place. Tired of if this then that? You say Riley being a bad hire is not justification for keeping Bo, but then you offer Bo's record this year as though it is "evidence" that he would have won fewer than 9 games at NU? Stay focused. You dislike what Bo stands for? I didn't know he stood for anything. Such drama.

Maybe you missed the memo from BRM earlier, but this thread was not intended to be about bo or someone else's alleged love for him. Step back, take a deep breath, and try to post something about Moos and/or Riley and/or future coaches.
Bla bla

I just don't understand the anger that still remains for a coach who has been gone for 3 years.

It's a collective therapy session.

FWIW - My wife is now pretty much a former Husker fan. She enjoyed watching and going to games with me in the 90's. When we switched to B1G, she found it a little harder to root for the Huskers (she's an Iowa grad). More recently, the way we've been churning coaches and the conversations she hears around the stadium has generated an observation that it is easy to cheer hard for your team and be classy toward the opponents when you're blasting teams like Iowa State, 77-14. She is seeing the other side of that coin now as fans quit on the team and leave in the middle of the third quarter, combined with the arrogant assumption that "because we're Nebraska, we deserve to win 10 games every year and we'll fire any coach who can't do that".

Frankly, it is time to roll up the sleeves and get to work; Nebraska doesn't "deserve" anything any more than any other school. We may have more passion as a fan base than any other school in the country; but, that doesn't mean we can be arrogant about what we think should be happening on the field. We've had good coaches who are decent men and who certainly were trying to put their players in the best possible position to win. Each had varying degrees of success on the field and various flaws that led to dismissal. I see no reason to continue to pile on with our grievances at this point.

I appreciated the way Moos described his expectations yesterday. The facilities, student services, and other critical pieces are all in place to have a successful football program. His expectation seemed to be that we should be in a position to win 8 games each year as the floor, competing for conference championships regularly and be in the mix for a national championship periodically. The B1G does us no favors on scheduling; so, that seems like a reasonable regular goal at the start of each season for the foreseeable future.

However, as a fan base, we need to be prepared for the occasional losing season or middle of the road 6-6/7-5 type of year. Our schedules aren't going to be like old Big 8 days, where you have one tough non-conference game, Oklahoma, and then one or two randomly good teams among the rest of the conference. If we grab the pitchforks every season that we don't win more than 8 games; we'll continue the churn and the results on the field will reflect a continued state of turmoil.

It will likely take some time to rebuild and it could be a bumpy road; my advice during the process is to walk around Memorial Stadium on your next visit and re-read the pillars. Enjoy the process.

I just don't understand the anger that still remains for a coach who has been gone for 3 years.
Where do you see anger? I’m elated we’ve moved on from both coaches. What I don’t understand is the people like you that hang on to the past. Move on. Oh ya, if you want to paint someone a particular color, say they are angry.

Where do you see anger? I’m elated we’ve moved on from both coaches. What I don’t understand is the people like you that hang on to the past. Move on. Oh ya, if you want to paint someone a particular color, say they are angry.
Or say they love a former coach.

Surprise you didn't throw in a "butt hurt" as well, as that was SOP for many of the mental midgets

Last edited:

I will preface this by saying I don't agree with how Bo handled his firing, and I give Riley props for today.
That being said, if I didn't get along with my boss, and he fired me after a win (and another winning season), wouldn't let me talk to my team on campus, notified my team via text, and then met with them accompanied by an armed guard, I might be a bit perturbed. Contrast that behavior with Bill Moos.
No comparison. Mystifying how a couple of the worst ADs in college football landed at NU.

I will preface this by saying I don't agree with how Bo handled his firing, and I give Riley props for today.
That being said, if I didn't get along with my boss, and he fired me after a win (and another winning season), wouldn't let me talk to my team on campus, notified my team via text, and then met with them accompanied by an armed guard, I might be a bit perturbed. Contrast that behavior with Bill Moos.
Great post

Que up the PTSD and "battered spouse" analogies from gfoa, suh, goldenhusker, et. al....

I don't get it either. Despise his antics, his f bomb laden final meeting with the kids, his self absorbed aloofness all you want. He won more games in his tenure than the two turds who sandwiched him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back