• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chip Kelly turns down Nebraska & Tennessee.

Yes Frost understands the importance of running between the tackles. Kelly is flat out speed and fast tempo,full throttle. Not sure that's going to work in the Big Ten.
Well it certainly didn't work in the NFL.... :Rolf: Take a look what the Eagles are doing now with a lot of the same players.......... Of course their D is much improved too.

Last edited:
riley isn't getting fired for not winning a title in 3 years. he is getting fired because this team sucks badly. pelini went 7 years without winning a title and would have survived a few more in all likelihood if he got along with his bosses. Callahan was fired because the team he put together was awful. solich was the one that really deserved more time and didn't get it....and that was 15 years ago.

NU isn't nearly as whack as florida.

that said Kelly likes the limelight and he wouldn't get that here...if he did well he would be gone fairly quickly so i am glad he said no if he was asked.

Maybe not quite, but Pelini got close twice in the Big 12, Solich did win and Callahan came close too. 2 of the 4 where nine win a year coaches, and all were disliked by at least half the fans during their runs.

riley isn't getting fired for not winning a title in 3 years. he is getting fired because this team sucks badly. pelini went 7 years without winning a title and would have survived a few more in all likelihood if he got along with his bosses. Callahan was fired because the team he put together was awful. solich was the one that really deserved more time and didn't get it....and that was 15 years ago.

NU isn't nearly as whack as florida.

that said Kelly likes the limelight and he wouldn't get that here...if he did well he would be gone fairly quickly so i am glad he said no if he was asked.

Maybe not quite, but Pelini got close twice in the Big 12, Solich did win and Callahan came close too. 2 of the 4 where nine win a year coaches, and all were disliked by at least half the fans during their runs.

welcome to college football. there is nothing unique about the picture you painted.

If Frost didn't exist, Kelly would have been a real candidate. Doubt seriously that we pursued him heavily beyond "are you interested type discussions".

Since you capitalized NO I assume that means you wouldn't cut off your pinky for Scott Frost. I agree. What would I stick out when drinking a cup of tea?;)

True, proper pinky extension is a must in some social circles. And, I would not intentionally lose a body part for anyone, for any reason, if I could avoid it......just saying.

Solich was fired because he wasn't Tom Osborne.

Solich was fired because he wasn't Tom Osborne.
Had a conversation with a friend a few weeks ago....we agreed, had we kept FS we would have a few conference championships at a minimum, under our belts...and competing for conference championships almost every year.

We've become irrelevant trying to become the Hipsters of the Heartland offensively.

Last edited:

Had a conversation with a friend a few weeks ago....we agreed, had we kept FS we would have a few conference championships at a minimum, under our belts...and competing for conference championships almost every year.

We've become irrelevant trying to become the Hipsters of the Heartland offensively.
I don't think we would have won any more conference titles with Frank.

7 different teams have won the MAC since Frank went to Ohio. Ohio is not one of them.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back