• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chip Kelly turns down Nebraska & Tennessee.

My guess is that we will be one of the later movers on filling the spot...it feels like UCLA, Florida and maybe even A&M will be filled first. We may happen around the same time as Tennessee....no facts, just the sense I get.
Wow...those other schools must be moving fast, because Saturday morning will get here quick.

Wow...those other schools must be moving fast, because Saturday morning will get here quick.

My point was that I don't think we will hire a new coach for probably another week, whereas UCLA and UF are already open and look poised to pull the trigger quickly.

I do respect and like how Moos is handling this though.

I can’t remember where I read it but I read Kelly has 5 million reasons not to sign a coaching contract until after Sunday. Something about his contract with the 49ers.

My point was that I don't think we will hire a new coach for probably another week, whereas UCLA and UF are already open and look poised to pull the trigger quickly.

I do respect and like how Moos is handling this though.
I think that we've moved VERY quick and have had our guy for quite some time. I believe it is SF but it could be another. When we announce is inconsequential to me, but I would be appalled if we were waiting until other schools beat us out so that we could scarf up the best of the remaining lot.

Last edited:

I'd sure hope that Moos did put out feelers to Kelly. You have to have several options in your search even if Frost is your #1 target. Who's a better #2 candidate than Kelly?

It's easy to assume Kelly would respond that he has no interest in NU when Florida and UCLA are on the table, both of which would suit Kelly better than NU imho.

I think that we've moved VERY quick and have had our guy for quite some time. I believe it is SF but it could be another. When we announce is inconsequential to me, but I would be appalled if we were waiting until other schools beat us out so that we could scarf up the best of the remaining lot.

Yeah my bad on mis-stating it....I didn't mean so much that we would be taking the scraps, but to your point it was more about the timing of the announcement. I just hope the natives don't get too restless as coaches come off the board.

Agree, and not a chance that Moos didn't already have the ball rolling immediately after his hire.

Of course AD Moos talked to Chip both to see if there was any interest and to talk with him about Scott.
It only makes sense that would have occurred.
Did a contract get sent to him and then returned unsigned: No, I sincerely doubt this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kelly understands his offense would be a challenge in the Big Ten. Penn State is running a wide open offense but without Barkley it wouldn't be nearly as successful.

Yeah my bad on mis-stating it....I didn't mean so much that we would be taking the scraps, but to your point it was more about the timing of the announcement. I just hope the natives don't get too restless as coaches come off the board.

I think everything will be fine... unless Frost comes off the board

I'd sure hope that Moos did put out feelers to Kelly. You have to have several options in your search even if Frost is your #1 target. Who's a better #2 candidate than Kelly?

It's easy to assume Kelly would respond that he has no interest in NU when Florida and UCLA are on the table, both of which would suit Kelly better than NU imho.

Santa Claus just off the top of my head.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back