• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I guess that's settled.

I see what you're saying. However, I don't think that is at all possible. I don't think there is any way that (if Frost so happens to be our guy), they would announce anything until UCF has played their bowl game, which will most likely be after the new year. It just looks terrible on everyone, Frost, UCF, even us to do that before their season is over, IMO.
False...he will be announced either within hours of Riley’s firing or after UCF final regular season game. The Bowl game is a meaningless exhibition game...and Frost IS our guy, he just needs to accept the terms that have already been presented to him

Last edited:
False...he will be announced either within hours of Riley’s firing or after UCF final regular season game. The Bowl game is a meaningless exhibition game...and Frost IS our guy, he just needs to accept the terms that have already been presented to him
I hope you're right. Sounds like they're going to throw quite a large number at him, larger than I thought anyways...

The hell with that. Early signing date makes the impetus to have a coach in place ASAP critical.

We'll pay to get SF, and we'll pay to get him now.
I am sorry, but as much as I might agree with you, IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!! Scott Frost WILL NOT accept and, more importantly, ANNOUNCE he is the next coach at Nebraska until his teams regular season or CCG is over. So all we can do is be patient and wait until the afternoon of the Iowa game or the week or so after.

Making it known that NU is pursuing Frost at this point is a great move imho. It settles the fans down and lets them know a change is coming and soon with a push for Frost and as if Riley and staff didn't already know, they damn sure know now. It spells things out for the recruits and puts the other potential schools on notice that NU wants Frost and is the school to beat to get him. Nothing is just speculation now.

Last edited:
Yes. If it were like any other year, with signing day in Feb, then finishing out the string is fine.

With 70% of recruits signing Dec 20, we have to have a HC, and have one ASAP.

To buyout SF immediately is a necessity, IMO.
Do you a fact sheet that 70% of recruits will sign early?

To you and me it might be but to the UCF players and fans and administrators it might not be.

I am sorry, but as much as I might agree with you, IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!! Scott Frost WILL NOT accept and, more importantly, ANNOUNCE he is the next coach at Nebraska until his teams regular season or CCG is over. So all we can do is be patient and wait until the afternoon of the Iowa game or the week or so after.

But, but, but we want instant gratification now!! We are entitled to it. :Lol:

To you and me it might be but to the UCF players and fans and administrators it might not be.
I get that, but the early signing period is a game changer. There is absolutely no way we wait until after the bowl game. It simply isn’t going to happen.

The morning after the Iowa game there will be a press conference and Mike will be gone not earlier not later. I like that Bill M sticks by what he says seems like a straight shooter.

I get that, but the early signing period is a game changer. There is absolutely no way we wait until after the bowl game. It simply isn’t going to happen.
I would agree we will wait until the season is over but after a bowl game. This will not be a stellar recruiting class this year but to wait for Scott until after a bowl game would result in an even poorer class. I suppose we may consider a deal like with Bo where he would join Nebraska for recruiting then go back and coach the game but not sure UCF would be in agreement.

Yes. If it were like any other year, with signing day in Feb, then finishing out the string is fine.

With 70% of recruits signing Dec 20, we have to have a HC, and have one ASAP.

To buyout SF immediately is a necessity, IMO.
You'd like a coach that make his decision based on money rather than the players?

Signs now... Message I get is... He quit on his team

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back