• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Oregon Game Thread (9/9/17)

Didn't DPE muff one earlier?

that could explain his mindset on the fair catch. Need to be confident, he may have had yips
Possibly, or he was instructed not to run(which I would find very strange, personally). We obviously couldn't afford to turn the ball so many times, especially that last one.

The main point: the season is not lost, as I felt it might be at half. We have three games coming up against more conventional offenses to get better. And then Wisconsin -- another team with a pedestrian offense but an unbelievable defense. Hopefully Tre can be back and 100% for that game because he is the key to making our offense dynamic.

Still a ton to play for and a big season is not out of the picture. I think most folks looked at 9-10 wins which is still doable.

I think we might get that 1000 yard receiver this season, Stanley is a beast and Lee looks for him often.

Tough game for the QB - I suspect better days ahead, but Langsdorf has to put him in position to succeed. Reads are on the QB, yes, all I am saying is there must be confidence in your personnel. All of it. And if you dont, fix it.

Lee seemed to have some mechanical issues today the way the ball sailed on him a lot then again some of his decisions throwing into coverage not so good either. Both are fixable. He has the weapons he just needs to do his part.

Oregon and Taggert played way too conservative in the second half (at least in the fourth). I'm glad our defense held them and they deserve significant credit for the second half improvement; but, Oregon let off the gas pedal, went away from their offense, and went to a run the clock approach. Very dumb decision, IMHO. If they just keep doing their thing, this game is a five touchdown difference.

This game turned out about as I expected. The offense is serviceable (should get better as the season unfolds), and the defense is growing up as they learn their rolls in the Diaco 3-4.

Not going to play the woulda, coulda, shoulda game at this point.

Can't wait to see the improvements the team makes in the next game.

GBR!

Oregon and Taggert played way too conservative in the second half (at least in the fourth). I'm glad our defense held them and they deserve significant credit for the second half improvement; but, Oregon let off the gas pedal, went away from their offense, and went to a run the clock approach. Very dumb decision, IMHO. If they just keep doing their thing, this game is a five touchdown difference.

Clearly executing the "our goals was one more point on the scoreboard" plan. The just didn't quite execute.

Well it wasn't and out D shut them down and that is what it is.

Thanks for the Oregon fan's perspective.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back