• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Oregon Game Thread (9/9/17)

At least two of Lee's INTs were not necessarily his fault. Morgan Jr. whiffed on a catchable ball that bounced off his helmet, and then again in the 2nd quarter it looked like he may have turned the wrong direction, or at the very least he and Lee weren't on the same page. I agree that you don't win against a tough opponent with 4 turn overs, but let's not heap all the blame on one player, or even two players. I'm not picking on Morgan Jr. either. Plenty of blame to go around, but also plenty to like, especially in that 2nd half. I'm not normally an optimistic guy, but I still see the arrow pointing up. Maybe not STRAIGHT up, but the team and the talent level are moving in the right direction.
I think Lee will be fine, but I feel he lost confidence. He did not zing the ball, double clutched several times, and just plain missed open guys. He did not play well. In my opinion.

This is the most troubling part of this game: five turnovers. You cannot keep giving them the ball. It's a pattern our QB has shown in the past!

Langsdorf is good with QBs. There will be a lot of film to watch. We will get to see how well Tanner responds. Despite everything that went wrong, they scored 35 points.

I agree. Mechanics appeared to be a big part of the issue. Needed to make better decisions throwing into coverage too.

A few final stats:

Bryant had 20 carries for 107 yards. Back to back 100+ yard games

Morgan had 7 grabs for 103 yards. Back to back 100+ yard games.

Lee was 19 for 42 for 252 yards. Hopefully this is his worst game and we are beyond that.
Yeah, I seem to remember people talking about how much we need to complete 60% of our passes!

The main point: the season is not lost, as I felt it might be at half. We have three games coming up against more conventional offenses to get better. And then Wisconsin -- another team with a pedestrian offense but an unbelievable defense. Hopefully Tre can be back and 100% for that game because he is the key to making our offense dynamic.

A few final stats:

Bryant had 20 carries for 107 yards. Back to back 100+ yard games

Morgan had 7 grabs for 103 yards. Back to back 100+ yard games.

Lee was 19 for 42 for 252 yards. Hopefully this is his worst game and we are beyond that.

I think we might get that 1000 yard receiver this season, Stanley is a beast and Lee looks for him often.

Tough game for the QB - I suspect better days ahead, but Langsdorf has to put him in position to succeed. Reads are on the QB, yes, all I am saying is there must be confidence in your personnel. All of it. And if you dont, fix it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back