• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2017 Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook Off

HUSKER HOT SAUCE

Be Yourself - Everyone Else Is Already Taken
10 Year Member
So, we went to the Nugget Rib Cook Off this past weekend, and yes, oh my, the ribs, the smell of all those ribs....YUMMMM.... but the reason I am posting this is, we came across a vendor selling Bloody Mary Mix. Smokin' Mary. I am going to say it's the BEST BM mix I've ever tasted. This stuff is awesome, and it is made about an hour away. We got two bottles at the rib cook off for $18, though it seems it's a little more pricey on their website. If any body likes a morning bloody, then at least give this a try, so delicious, and fresh. We didn't get to meet her, but the guy in the pic was the one manning the tent. Very cool dude, and he explained about trial and error, said they had lots of fun getting it right. It's worth at least one bottle, I swear it is.

https://www.smokinmary.com/
s972964675364074744_p16_i2_w340.png

SPARKS, Nev. (News 4 & Fox 11) — The verdict is in and the winners of the 29th annual Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook Off winners have been announced.

Top five winners for 2017:
  1. Chicago BBQ Company, Burr Ridge, IL $10,000
  2. Uncle Bub’s, Westmont, IL: $5,000
  3. Aussom Aussie, Pittsburg, PA: $2,000
  4. Carson City BBQ, Carson City, NV: $1,000
  5. Austin’s Texas Lightning BBQ, Burr Ridge, IL: $500
People's Choice:
Back Forty Texas Barbecue, Pleasant Hill, CA: $500

http://mynews4.com/news/local/2017-best-in-the-west-nugget-rib-cook-off-winners-announced

So, we went to the Nugget Rib Cook Off this past weekend, and yes, oh my, the ribs, the smell of all those ribs....YUMMMM.... but the reason I am posting this is, we came across a vendor selling Bloody Mary Mix. Smokin' Mary. I am going to say it's the BEST BM mix I've ever tasted. This stuff is awesome, and it is made about an hour away. We got two bottles at the rib cook off for $18, though it seems it's a little more pricey on their website. If any body likes a morning bloody, then at least give this a try, so delicious, and fresh. We didn't get to meet her, but the guy in the pic was the one manning the tent. Very cool dude, and he explained about trial and error, said they had lots of fun getting it right. It's worth at least one bottle, I swear it is.

https://www.smokinmary.com/
s972964675364074744_p16_i2_w340.png

http://mynews4.com/news/local/2017-best-in-the-west-nugget-rib-cook-off-winners-announced

My wife loves a good bloody Mary and will give it a try. thanks for the heads up

Last edited:
My wife loves a good bloody Mary and will give it a try. thanks for the heads up
I am not acting as a shill for this brand(well, in a way I suppose) I just seriously liked it that much. Bought a bottle of Tito's Vodka tonight, and tomorrow, I will be making Bloody's with celery sticks, prawns, and bacon drizzled with maple syrup and cracked black pepper. YUMMY, lunch is gonna be awesome.

Last edited:
I am not acting as a shill for this brand(well, in a way I suppose) I just seriously liked it that much. Bought a bottle of Tito's Vodka tonight, and tomorrow, I will be making Bloody's with celery sticks, prawns, and bacon drizzled with maple syrup and cracked black pepper. YUMMY, lunch is gonna be awesome.

Not for a minute did think of your post as such but if they wind up giving you a stipend keep me in mind for a discount. LOL

Not for a minute did think of your post as such but if they wind up giving you a stipend keep me in mind for a discount. LOL
By the way, Lunch was fantastic. I'm going to try to get a local joint to start using this brand. I don't really have to many Bloody's in the course of a year, but I do like a really good one now and then. Tito's and Smokin' Mary's works so damn good together. The bacon, well, it's bacon, and shrimp and bacon. Oh, some celery too. And bacon.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back