• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kendrick Lamar Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letting the kids out of practice early to go to the Kendrick Lamar concert while giving them access to Husker social media accounts is recruiting genius.

Well done Riley and staff.
Now, I gotta look up who Kendrick Lamar is. But I agree, things like this really go a long way in the morale factor.

Now, I gotta look up who Kendrick Lamar is. But I agree, things like this really go a long way in the morale factor.

I'm not a huge fan, but there's no need to look him up. Maybe not a hotter artist for lots of players.

Simply the fact Lincoln is big enough and cultural enough to have Lamar come will mean something to lots of recruits, when the players tweet about it. No, they won't be in the middle of nowhere if they come here.

Must have been an easy call once someone on the staff thought of it. That they did and that the head man said yes says a lot. They get it.

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan, but there's no need to look him up. Maybe not a hotter artist for lots of players.

Simply the fact Lincoln is big enough and cultural enough to have Lamar come will mean something to lots of recruits. No, they won't be in the middle of nowhere.

Must have been an easy call once someone on the staff thought of it. That they did and that the head man said yes says a lot. They get it.
YUP! Good post. I remember the first time I ever visited Lincoln. And yes, I was thinking corn fields and cow pastures. I was more than pleasantly surprised that Lincoln wasn't really this little hayseed town. Also, I looked Kendrick up, and it's not my style, but if the kids like it, more power to them, and kudos for the staff allowing them to go, I like that. As a side note, I got off work Wednesday to go see The Who play live, so back to the morale factor, it's an excellent thing.

According to the link that Ackos provided, Riley not only let them out but even got them the tickets.

Riley the OG.

Probably better than movie day, too.

Last edited:

Simply the fact Lincoln is big enough and cultural enough to have Lamar come will mean something to lots of recruits, when the players tweet about it. No, they won't be in the middle of nowhere if they come here.

Great points, 'nut.

Seems cool, but how is that not an extra benefit in the eyes of the NCAA? We got in trouble for paying for optional textbooks, and Crouch couldn't have a ham sandwich, but we can give players concert tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back