• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Steve Calhoun on Lee.

If this question and answer doesn't get people excited, I'm not sure what will:

HV: What is it about his game that has impressed you the most?

SC: “He’s a natural thrower of the football. It doesn’t look like it takes a lot of effort for him to throw it, just how tight the ball is spinning and the accuracy. He always looks like he’s in control. He really understands his body and he’s never off-balance. I’ve never really seen him throw off-balance. He’s always got a great base, which allows him to be accurate. And then how clean the ball comes out every time, it’s like, hardly ever… I don’t think I’ve seen him throw a wobbly pass in the two years I’ve seen him throw at the Manning Passing Academy. That’s the one thing that stands out to me.”

If this question and answer doesn't get people excited, I'm not sure what will:

HV: What is it about his game that has impressed you the most?

SC: “He’s a natural thrower of the football. It doesn’t look like it takes a lot of effort for him to throw it, just how tight the ball is spinning and the accuracy. He always looks like he’s in control. He really understands his body and he’s never off-balance. I’ve never really seen him throw off-balance. He’s always got a great base, which allows him to be accurate. And then how clean the ball comes out every time, it’s like, hardly ever… I don’t think I’ve seen him throw a wobbly pass in the two years I’ve seen him throw at the Manning Passing Academy. That’s the one thing that stands out to me.”

Especially when it has felt like Martinez and Armstrong were ALWAYS off balance. It'll be nice to see someone throwing off of both feet for a change. Don't get me wrong, both of those guys had some nice skill sets, but pure passing wasn't one of them.

Especially when it has felt like Martinez and Armstrong were ALWAYS off balance. It'll be nice to see someone throwing off of both feet for a change. Don't get me wrong, both of those guys had some nice skill sets, but pure passing wasn't one of them.

Decent O line protection with good mechanics and accuracy this could get interesting:)

I'd be curious if Calhoun is predicting lower completion % due to a young offensive line's ability or lack thereof to protect and prevent QB dump offs to the sideline to avoid the sack.
First, he isn't predicting a low completion percentage. Second, if he was predicting what he thought was a lower percentage because of a young OL, he'd be wrong...because we have a very experienced OL with 5 returning OL's that have started games and 4 regular returning starters. And, the Center spot, the most complained about spot on last year's OL, seems to be shored up very well.

my own opinion, but im going with 65% completion which would put him in the top 13 last year. going to go drink me some koolaid now!! GBR

Didn't Martinez get low 60's his junior year.
Yep, and we were in the conference championship game that year, which was awesome, considering the deficiencies we had on the team, as a whole. If we can get similar numbers from Lee and the new defense gives people some fits, I can see it being a good year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back