• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ribeye vs. New York Strip

huskrthill

Leading horses to water since 2009
10 Year Member
I will take the ribeye the majority of the time, but I'll be damned if the strip doesn't end up winning out sometimes. Just grilled up some strips, and they were incredible.

And it may be blasphemous to some, but I prefer boneless steaks. I hate having to put extra work into cutting around the bone. Same reason I don't ever eat crab legs... way too much work to get the food into my mouth.

I will take the ribeye the majority of the time, but I'll be damned if the strip doesn't end up winning out sometimes. Just grilled up some strips, and they were incredible.

And it may be blasphemous to some, but I prefer boneless steaks. I hate having to put extra work into cutting around the bone. Same reason I don't ever eat crab legs... way too much work to get the food into my mouth.
I will take the ribeye as well but there is certainly nothing wrong with a NY strip.

I don't mind steaks with the bone still attached. I love crab legs and ribs far too much to worry about the 'extra work' but my father was the same as you in that regard. Actually in many regards.:nod:

Me and Madtown just had the same discussion a while back and came to the same conclusion.... eat'n a strip is just easier. Here in Beatrice we are blessed to have a tremendous local butcher Justin, I just go into his shop and ask him what I should buy today... sometimes he'll steer me to a nice t-bone, but most of the time it's his strips, and he cuts them to weigh just at a pound each... yummy

I will take the ribeye as well but there is certainly nothing wrong with a NY strip.

I don't mind steaks with the bone still attached. I love crab legs and ribs far too much to worry about the 'extra work' but my father was the same as you in that regard. Actually in many regards.:nod:
Ribs are a different story. It's perfectly acceptable to grab ribs and eat them right off the bone. Can't really do that with a steak, at least when you're around other people.

Crab legs... I'd eat the hell out of them if I didn't have to fight them first.

jaa7pj5.jpg

Ribeye.

I was just at Sams and they were selling bone-in "cowboy cut" ribeyes. They weighed over 3 lbs each. Now that's a pretty tough one to beat.

Bone-in ribeye is finger food. In my opinion. Also, delicious.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back