• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WARRIORS-CAVALIERS FINALS FINALLY HERE!

Missed another NBA season. Last time I watched a complete NBA game was back when I lived in AZ and the Suns were in the finals.
Honestly, you didn't miss a whole lot. I love the game, it really is quite the sport, but big money, and bigger stars, and one sided calls to have one team beat all others, have essentially turned the game into the WWE of Professional sports. It really was no secret that GS was going to win the series at home.

The Golden State Warriors doing exactly what I thought that they would do. Winning the Championship at home. I'm just happy that Cleveland doesn't get two in a row, when they didn't even deserve one. Great job Warriors!!!!!
Amen! We gave them last year's title, because no one could make even 1 shot in the last minute or so, being wide open! It hurt to the hilt!

Well, tonight was totally awesome! Our Warriors put it to the Cavs. I know I had mixed emotions, but I was so happy to see our Warriors win it at home..............for the fans! Yes!!

CONGRATS TO THE GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS!! THIS IS A DYNASTY IN THE MAKING!!

Vegas came out with next year's predicitons: Warriors, minus 200!! :Woohoo: !!

Missed another NBA season. Last time I watched a complete NBA game was back when I lived in AZ and the Suns were in the finals.

Sorry, and your loss, not being a Warrior fan!! I was born and raised in San Francisco; I am soaking this in, my friend! :)

I understand the complaints about the officiating. Carrying, pushing off on offense. Full speed out-of-control drives to the hoop that are like playing chicken with the defense (do you want to step in front of me, get blasted, and take a 50/50 chance that it's called a block instead of a charge?).

Outside of that though, this series is pretty amazing basketball. The level of athleticism and skill on the floor is off the meter.

Agreed. LaBron charging and getting fouled was my biggest worry. Even last night, he succeeded with that play, but he ran out of gas..........because they did their best to prevent him in getting started to the basket many times. Defense! :)

Glad it is over!! :Cheer2:

The City takes The Land!! I love it! Gonna' get that t-shirt after Father's Day.
Who knows, it may have already been ordered? ;)

Favored to win the next two years! From their lips to God's ear! :Bow: :Cheer2:

It's weak because he decided to go join a team that won 73 games the year before (and the team that beat him the year before) . Warriors were back in the finals with or without Durant.
With Kawhi healthy, I think the Spurs would have beaten a Durant-less Warriors team. I didn't realize it when he got traded but Durant ended up being a critical ingredient for the Warriors. His ability to create his own shot, and his defense, are things the Warriors really needed.

The amazing thing is that GS never really played their best game in the finals, they were just average (for them). If they keep everyone around and stay healthy, they'll win a lot of championships. The Cavs getting Paul George would make it more interesting, but I don't think that's enough.

Last edited:
It's weak because he decided to go join a team that won 73 games the year before (and the team that beat him the year before) . Warriors were back in the finals with or without Durant.
I don't think it's weak. He made the move he wanted to make. It's no different than 5 STAR talent going to Alabama and Florida State year after year. Winners want to play for winners.

I don't think it's weak. He made the move he wanted to make. It's no different than 5 STAR talent going to Alabama and Florida State year after year. Winners want to play for winners.
I wouldn't say it's weak either. But generally speaking I am more impressed by guys who keep building up their organization until it's elite, versus guys who leave to join an already elite organization.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back