• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WARRIORS-CAVALIERS FINALS FINALLY HERE!

Cavs defense is lost. I'm having a hard time seeing them win a game unless the league finds a way to suspend Durant:Thumbsdown: or some injury happens. They haven't had the game 3 letdowns this year and seem to want to shoot for the 16-0.

The other thing that bites the Cavs is when LeBron makes a big 3 late in the game. He then starts lofting up 3's and missing. Was on the phone with my brother last night when he did it to keep them close in the 3rd and sure enough GS went on a big run after.
That would be simply amazing, considering the fine teams since the NBA went to this format. But, I won't be surprised or shocked if the Cavs win one.

He very well may be a great guy...but I cannot stand him on the court, the chewing of the mouth guard, the faces he makes when he doesn't get a call, I fully acknowledge these are petty things to annoy someone but Iam petty....
View attachment 11889
Only going to say one thing: Have you seen LaBron's face, when he does NOT get a call? Your reason is void, my friend. Sorry! All players make faces. As far as the mouthpiece, who cares? Reallly?

I am hoping for a Warriors sweep and all games are blowouts! Hopefully, it will force the league to make some changes to make games more competitive. I am not against the super teams, however the officiating benefiting "league appointed" super stars has ruined the game. The carrying, traveling, moving screens, and especially Lebron running over people to get to the rim.

I am always astounded why the refs are letting LeBron get away with bulldozing to the basket on his layups. Then, they turn around and call garbage fouls on guys who barely graze their hands on a Cav jersey. Barf! :Puke:

I am always astounded why the refs are letting LeBron get away with bulldozing to the basket on his layups. Then, they turn around and call garbage fouls on guys who barely graze their hands on a Cav jersey. Barf! :Puke:

This is what has turned so many fans off from the Association. The disparity in calls. When fouls are based on your level of stardom and level acceptance, it is no longer about the game. No other sport do you hear, "he hasn't EARNED that call yet." A foul is a foul. No integrity for the game.

This is what has turned so many fans off from the Association. The disparity in calls. When fouls are based on your level of stardom and level acceptance, it is no longer about the game. No other sport do you hear, "he hasn't EARNED that call yet." A foul is a foul. No integrity for the game.
It's true Navy. I may have said this earlier, but a lot of this BS calling or non-calling, started with Jordan. And the thing about that is, Jordan was good to the point, that it didn't need to be that way. I absolutely hated Kobe and the Lakers because of that crap. The game of Basketball is a great game, I really can't say the same about the current state of the NBA.

The only thing close to favoritism is, a pitcher getting some calls, when another is not, yet, deserving.

True Sir CB. However, Curry had his own triple double. .. Only second time in NBA Finals history that opposing players have done that. GO WARRIORS

And, it is the only time in postseason, it has been done. I was jibing their triple double, because we had our own. :)

WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No thanks to the referees, Warriors come from behind to defeat the Cavs, 118-113.

On many opinions on tv tonite, the refs did a terrible job on penalties. It was totally clear, they
wanted to favor the cavs to win. Well, it got to the point, if they continued to make bad calls, they might get caught!! To the refs of the NBA.................bite me!!!

I am praying, we sweep on Friday; it would make up for all the bs that went on tonight.

Again, congrats to Steph, Klay, Kevin and Company, congrats on a gutsy win!

To steal a line from our Huskers: REFUSE TO LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Broom::Broom::Broom::Broom:
:Hooray:

kevin-durant-curry-yelling.jpg

WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No thanks to the referees, Warriors come from behind to defeat the Cavs, 118-113.

On many opinions on tv tonite, the refs did a terrible job on penalties. It was totally clear, they
wanted to favor the cavs to win. Well, it got to the point, if they continued to make bad calls, they might get caught!! To the refs of the NBA.................bite me!!!

:Hooray:

The refs do what the Association tells them to do. Anyone who watches the NBA would know the Warriors were going to be in foul trouble. Adam Silver was hoping the Cavs would do enough that it wouldn't be so obvious, but the Warriors were too much in spite of the lopsided officiating. I was surprised that Tim Donaghy wasn't one of the refs last night!!

It wouldn't surprise me if Draymond or Durant get a "suspect" flagrant foul and suspension in the next game in an attempt to extend the series. ABC/ESPN will lose so much money if the series only goes 4 games. That's a lot of lost advertising revenue!

I understand the complaints about the officiating. Carrying, pushing off on offense. Full speed out-of-control drives to the hoop that are like playing chicken with the defense (do you want to step in front of me, get blasted, and take a 50/50 chance that it's called a block instead of a charge?).

Outside of that though, this series is pretty amazing basketball. The level of athleticism and skill on the floor is off the meter.

Watching the Warriors play is a love/hate situation for me. I am not a fan of the team, however I love watching them play. The way the are always moving, setting screens off the ball, and passing is how the game was meant to be played. I wish more teams played that way. It is tough to duplicate Steph, Klay, and Durant's shooting ability.

Curry has been bad for youth basketball. He is so good and makes the long 3 look effortless. Kids think, "I can do that", when they really can't. By trying to shoot long at too young an age, you end up with a shot that looks like Lonzo Ball.

It may or may not happen, but I fully expect Cleveland to win tonight, so that the Warriors can win the championship at home. The only thing I can see for this not to happen is, if the LeBrons literally tank in the second half and Golden State just plays Golden State. GO WARRIORS!!!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back