• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Baby Back Ribs

Bean

Grey Shirt
10 Year Member
upload_2017-4-2_10-27-13.jpeg I love my BABY BACK, BABY BACK, BABY BACK ribs! Glazed with a honey BBQ sauce!

upload_2017-4-2_10-27-13.jpeg

Last edited:
I have both but in this case it was on a grill over hard wood charcoal pieces.

I'm smoking some loin backs over cherry and apple, tomorrow. I love me some ribs.

King, what's your rub for ribs? Throwing some on the smoker today.
Same as I do all beef ...Salt and Pepper.

ALways thought it needed more and then I watched Franklins break it down. Tried everything he taught in videos and I have not nor will I go back to using rubs on beef

ALways thought it needed more and then I watched Franklins break it down. Tried everything he taught in videos and I have not nor will I go back to using rubs on beef

These were pork. I usually only salt and pepper my beef as well

My brother is the same as you for the exact reason you stated. I have tried both. I prefer a little more than salt and pepper, but both ways when cooked properly were great!

Last edited:
I smoked some delicious loin back ribs last weekend over apple and hickory. Tweaked my rub just a bit and they were killer. Ms. King claims that they were my best, ever. Not sure I agree but I like to make other people happy when they eat my food so it's all good. When I pulled the ribs, I threw some wings on there for a little over an hour and then finished them by crisping the skin directly over the coals. Oh, and I smoked some halved and de-seeded jalapenos, chopped them and baked them into some cornbread. Of course, plenty of beer and whiskey were to be had, as well. First smoke of the year and it felt great. My inital plans several weeks ago fell through due to weather. That was the best Saturday in a while.

Last edited:

Fast Eddy's Rib Rub
Ingredients
½ cup white sugar
¼ cup Hungarian paprika
¼ cup Lawry’s seasoning salt
2 tablespoons garlic salt
1 tablespoons allspice
1 tablespoons cumin
1 tablespoons onion salt
1 tablespoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
1 teaspoon of celery seed
3 slabs baby back ribs
1 cup brown sugar Rib Glaze
18-oz bottle of KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce
1/2 cup of honey
1 cup of purified water

Instructions
Peel the membrane off the back side of the ribs.

Rub the slabs with brown sugar and refrigerate overnight.

Mix all the rub ingredients together in a mixing bowl and then rub ribs 30 minutes before smoking.

Place pork ribs in an indirect smoker at 275°F for about 3 hrs. or untill the meat starts to separate when picked up in the middle of the rack.

Mix ingredients of glaze together and put in a foil pan and place in smoker for 3 hrs.

Brush glaze on both sides of ribs and allow to set in smoker for another 10 minutes.

Plate them and watch them vanish.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back