• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Stanley Morgan/Antonio Reed Arrested.

Definitely a violation of team rules. Is it still a violation of team rules if he had done it legally in Colorado?

NU has 4 players on the roster from Colorado. Do team rules govern them when they go home to visit, or are they free to do whatever the law allows in that state?

My guess is that NCAA rules apply to all players. A player using in Colorado won't be charged with a crime, but if he tests positive in Lincoln as a result of using in Colorado, I doubt he will get an exemption.

Last edited:

Hint, If you are driving around Florida with out of state plates make sure you follow the law.
This has been true for every state I've ever lived in. Ask the Texas Texasers, those Texas mothers love to pull out of staters over and write that ticket. Corpus really knows what I'm talking about.

NU has been, really, pretty fortunate in regards to this kind of thing lately. Bound to happen at some point. Always gonna be a few knuckleheads. Hopefully, it won't be a massive distraction for the team.

From ESPN:
Police said Morgan, who was driving a Mazda sedan, was stopped after he failed to come to a complete stop as he was leaving a convenient store parking lot.

Even if there was a stop sign (which I don't think there was), it is on private property and not enforceable as a traffic citation, nor a valid reason to pull someone over, right?

Someone in law enforcement please chime in......

If so BUNK ticket!!!
In Idaho, the law says you must come to a complete stop before entering a roadway. It is the act of entering a roadway, not leaving a private lot, that triggers the statute.

I have to agree with this. Kids are getting a lot of mixed signals, depending on which state they are in. It's legal, it's not legal, on Tv it's no big deal. What's a kid to think?
My kids are grown but I have two grandchildren and I worry about them. I sound like an old fart but our society has one legal drug in alcohol and we're not doing a very good job keeping it away from kids. Most violent crimes are committed by drunks and drug users. The mighty$$$$ talks and if it makes some people rich it's going to be legal throughout the country soon enough.
When it's legal it's going to be advertised and the target of their ads aren't going to be me or most others on this board.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back