• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ameer Abdullah

Great interview. I've always thought AA was a great person and football player.

By the way one thing I like about your segments is I'm able to read the transcripts as I'm not always in an area where I can watch the video.

I loved what he had to say about Baby Ferentz. He seemed very optimistic about the offense and QB position going into next season. I have yet to hear an offensive guy say they prefer going against the 3-4 defense. Almost all of them say the 3-4 is harder to play against. I'm looking forward to watching Ameer next season now that he's healthy and he'll be the feature back in Detroit!

So his impression was Devine was the top guy, but he hears good things about Tre?

So his impression was Devine was the top guy, but he hears good things about Tre?

No, he simply said that Devine had the most experience, NOT that he was the top guy.

Devine Ozigbo had the most experience going into the spring game. But, a guy from what the coaches have been telling me, and from what I saw in the spring game who has worked his way into the equation his Tre Bryant. Is a guy who is grown every year who I think can be dynamic out of the backfield. Where he is going to make his mark this year is catching passes out of the backfield. Also Mikale Wilbon. I know his background, he's a fighter. He's an inner-city guy from Chicago who I had one year of experience playing with. I know what he's capable of and I think he's finally starting to understand what they're asking of him to be an I back at Nebraska.

Last edited:

I really hope Ameer can stay healthy this year and show the NFL his complete skillset.

I loved watching you play, Mr. Carriker, and your episodes are excellent. Thanks for what you do. GBR

My response is similar to GFOA. I think Ameer is the most familiar with Devine, and Ozigbo also has the most experience. What I took away, was that the coaching staff probably likes Tre Bryant a lot. I still liked what I saw out of Mikale Wilbon.

Last edited:
I really hope Ameer can stay healthy this year and show the NFL his complete skillset.

I loved watching you play, Mr. Carriker, and your episodes are excellent. Thanks for what you do. GBR
Ameer is one of the few backs that can play on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down. If I was a fantasy football guy, he'd be my ultimate sleeper pick going into this season.

Thank you. I loved playing and I truly enjoy doing the Chronicles.

Ameer is one of the few backs that can play on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down. If I was a fantasy football guy, he'd be my ultimate sleeper pick going into this season.

Thank you. I loved playing and I truly enjoy doing the Chronicles.

Loved that you mentioned 3rd down. Whichever back is on the field for 3rd down may well be the best
pass blocker. Really key element for Riley is RB picking up the blitz, then QB hitting the spot left open.
Make them pay and force straight up D.

Actually most of your third down backs are the quick guys that can get the ball underneath the zones and try to break free into the open field.

Your blocking backs are more a first and second down back. The side effect is that this guy tends to be not so great at catching passes, unlike say a Tom Rathman. Roger Craig was the third down back in San Fran at first, but Rathman replaced him and eclipsed Craig's career in longevity even though he played a brutal style. You just don't find many that can do what Rathman did so well, secure the ball and get up field in a hurry. Most tough guys put the ball on the turf trying to mimic his skills.

steverio- Ameer is one of the few starting RB's in the NFL I can think of that can contribute on every single down. It's kind of like finding defensive lineman that can play all 3 downs. They're just more valuable and bring more to the table. Ameer is also a 2 time Lifter of the Year, I don't think durability will be an issue going forward.

MadRat- Tom Rathman was a one of a kind player.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back