• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jordan Westerkamp

Once again, Jordan shows that he is a very well spoken young man...great kid.

When he first mentioned the old strength staff was old school and the new strength staff was new school, I was wondering what he meant. I'm glad that you followed up his response by asking him to explain what he meant. I see where the technology comes into play with his answer; however, because of Epley's involvement, there might be more old school mixed in with that technology than Jordan is aware of.

Adam - would like your evaluation of JW. Is he an NFL-caliber WR?

We all believe he has the hands for it ... does he have the route running, speed, size and body for the job? Is he a practice squad type player for a year, in order to get completely healthy?

Once again, Jordan shows that he is a very well spoken young man...great kid.

When he first mentioned the old strength staff was old school and the new strength staff was new school, I was wondering what he meant. I'm glad that you followed up his response by asking him to explain what he meant. I see where the technology comes into play with his answer; however, because of Epley's involvement, there might be more old school mixed in with that technology than Jordan is aware of.
If Boyd is involved, there's definitely some elements of old school to it. I think what separates Epley from other strength coaches is his ability to constantly adapt and remain on the cutting edge of developing players.

Adam - would like your evaluation of JW. Is he an NFL-caliber WR?

We all believe he has the hands for it ... does he have the route running, speed, size and body for the job? Is he a practice squad type player for a year, in order to get completely healthy?
The answer is yes. He will make a solid slot receiver. He reminds me a little bit of Wes Welker and Danny Amendola who's currently with New England. He said the only concern the Bucs have is if he's completely healthy. If he can show them he is at the rookie mini camp they'll sign him. Had he been healthy all year he probably would have been drafted at some point. I can't remember right now, didn't he used to return kicks sometimes too?

If Boyd is involved, there's definitely some elements of old school to it. I think what separates Epley from other strength coaches is his ability to constantly adapt and remain on the cutting edge of developing players.
Definitely true...he was an innovator then and continues to be one. One thing is for certain, Epley's involvement would certainly bring with it old school work ethic.

The answer is yes. He will make a solid slot receiver. He reminds me a little bit of Wes Welker and Danny Amendola who's currently with New England. He said the only concern the Bucs have is if he's completely healthy. If he can show them he is at the rookie mini camp they'll sign him. Had he been healthy all year he probably would have been drafted at some point. I can't remember right now, didn't he used to return kicks sometimes too?

He was a punt returner. I don't remember him returning kicks.

I think with the improvements made in recruiting and the addition of Boyd being back in charge of development, along with the upgrades to the strength and conditioning facility, the Huskers are back on the rise!

Westerkamp definitely reminds me of a younger Danny Amendola.

The guy has mitts. I don't agree with the draft analysis he's a 'use the body to catch' receiver.

But it did seem like his awareness for pulling tipped balls down would get him some looks.

The guy has mitts. I don't agree with the draft analysis he's a 'use the body to catch' receiver.

But it did seem like his awareness for pulling tipped balls down would get him some looks.
Yes because body catch receiver's make catches like this everyday.

Id like to see him make it. He seems to be a stiff runner without any great moves, but reliable near the ball. Is that enough? Don't know. NHL has a lot of players trying out for few WR positions. Competition is stiff.

Id like to see him make it. He seems to be a stiff runner without any great moves, but reliable near the ball. Is that enough? Don't know. NHL has a lot of players trying out for few WR positions. Competition is stiff.
Since when did the National Hockey league start drafting WR? I sure hope Westy can skate. :p

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back