• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2017 Royals

Interesting stat from tonight. Going into the game, Bumgarner had only given up one hit to left handed batters this season. Gordon got one and Moose got two against him tonight.

As a Giants fan (home grown), I am so disappointed in the lack of support Bumgarner is giving. Over the years, many times, the team has failed to give him run support. This year seems the worst year of them all. I know he is not perfect, but it is a glaring problem!

That was a pisser. Mostly because I sit next to a Giants fan, who will rub it in big time. On top of that, he's from REDo's "favorite" city, Tucson.

Oh -- and Bumgarner pitches tomorrow night. Ugh. As if we didn't have enough issues with our bats.

Well, my Giants did not seem to be a problem, after all! Madison is not getting any kind of support this season. Oh well, good luck KC :)

Well, my Giants did not seem to be a problem, after all! Madison is not getting any kind of support this season. Oh well, good luck KC :)
As a Giants fan (home grown), I am so disappointed in the lack of support Bumgarner is giving. Over the years, many times, the team has failed to give him run support. This year seems the worst year of them all. I know he is not perfect, but it is a glaring problem!

KC has the same problem. We are averaging less than 3 runs per game. Worst in the majors. Its a miracle we are 7-7.

Last edited:
KC has the same problem. We are averaging less than 3 runs per game. Worst in the majors. Its a miracle we are 7-7.
I actually think the Royals bats will awaken - AG seeing a lot of pitches and striking out less - and really hope Hoz breaks out.

I actually think the Royals bats will awaken - AG seeing a lot of pitches and striking out less - and really hope Hoz breaks out.

They should. At least to some extent. But realistically, KC's bats have been no better than mediocre (other than the occasional hot streak) for quite some time. We were 23rd in MLB in team batting average last season. And we've downgraded at DH this year. So while the odds suggest some improvement, it may not be much more than minor.

And what happens when the starting pitching rotation regresses (and that's likely)? We are almost completely relying on the starting pitchers to win games.

I know better than to ever count out the Royals. And I really don't think the AL Central is all that tough. But ...

On to the 14th. I may never get to bed.

Edit: I guess it's only bottom of the 13th.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back