• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ultimate Music Thread

Been digging this tune and band for a few months or so.....really liking this one a lot right now.... Check out S.O.B and I Need Never Get Old also.

Reactions: Yep
This is not new ... just a continuation of my post from earlier today! :Biggrin: As mentioned, I went to see Fastball (Austin band) perform in-studio this evening. This tune and another went Billboard top ten in 1998 ... album went platinum. Been together since 1995 ... same members ... releasing a new album in May and touring with Everclear and Vertical Horizon. One of those bands I wouldn't ordinarily listen to ... but when you see them live ... a gained appreciation. I always enjoy seeing bands perform in-studio. 50 person audience, and as a result, the band members are quite personable.

Last edited:

I'll deviate from Austin today with my pick.

I don't know if this should be considered a guilty pleasure or not. But I do like the folk sound of Milo Greene. Actually, they consider their music to be cinematic pop, as they create their songs as if they were writing scores for a movie. You do get that sense in this song.

Last edited:
Showman hipped me to Will Oldham/Palace Music/Bonnie Prince Billy/whatever you want to call him, and he has become my favorite modern songwriter. A lot of his stuff is pretty lo-fi and "warts and all" but, man, the guy is prolific and can write beautiful songs.

This is not new ... just a continuation of my post from earlier today! :Biggrin: As mentioned, I went to see Fastball (Austin band) perform in-studio this evening. This tune and another went Billboard top ten in 1998 ... album went platinum. Been together since 1995 ... same members ... releasing a new album in May and touring with Everclear and Vertical Horizon. One of those bands I wouldn't ordinarily listen to ... but when you see them live ... a gained appreciation. I always enjoy seeing bands perform in-studio. 50 person audience, and as a result, the band members are quite personable.

I'll deviate from Austin today with my pick.

I don't know if this should be considered a guilty pleasure or not. But I do like the folk sound of Milo Greene. Actually, they consider their music to be cinematic pop, as they create their songs as if they were writing scores for a movie. You do get that sense in this song.

Hmmmm

Walked into a store the other day and this was playing, took me right back to the 70s and I've had a difficult time getting it out of my head. So you all can share in my pain or joy, whichever.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back