• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USMNT vs Panama WCQ (3/28/17)

Thirty minutes gone and game about as expected all tied up 0-0

Last edited:
Minute 38 and its Pulisic to Dempsey again and the USA takes the lead 1-0

I said in the first thread that i would be happy with 4 points in these two games and that should be the goal however, getting 6 would be outstanding. Hopefully this gets us there.

This just looks like a different team that past two games.

Just like that Panama ties it up in minute 42 goal by Gomez and its all even at 1-1

Ream misplaced the corner kick and Gomez capitalized.

USA much like the game with Honduras played well the first 40 minutes or so and struggled a bit the final 5+ minutes.

I don't even know what to say.

We have guys playing that have no business on the pitch representing the USA anymore. I'm not exaggerating when I say I am confident I could pull a center half off of any MLS team that would defend better than Ream tonight. This might be the single worst performance was a US defender in a couple years. And we have SUCKED on defense for several years.

USA gets a point and walks away with 4 points from the two games this past week. What I was hoping for as a minimum.

Should be able to regroup and get some of the walking wounded healthy again before playing T & T

Bottom line good point in a very tough place to play.

Last edited:
crap boys, I'll happily take that draw after how we looked.

Oh, and Chelsea will offer and steal Pulisic for 30M this summer.

A bit of a wake up call after the Honduras game. A lot of work left to do.

Getting a point is nice, at least.

I don't even know what to say.

We have guys playing that have no business on the pitch representing the USA anymore. I'm not exaggerating when I say I am confident I could pull a center half off of any MLS team that would defend better than Ream tonight. This might be the single worst performance was a US defender in a couple years. And we have SUCKED on defense for several years.
crap boys, I'll happily take that draw after how we looked.

Oh, and Chelsea will offer and steal Pulisic for 30M this summer.

With the injuries and one of the tougher places to play in CONCACAF I can live with the result tonight.

Chelsea won't get Pulisic this summer so you can put your dream machine away ;)

Bottom line what Bruce had to work with going into these games I am quite happy to walk away with 4 points. Qualifying looks like it will happen now.

Anyone who thought playing in Panama was going to be easy needs to put there crack pipe down. It never has been. Mexico tied 1-1 there and leads the Hex with 10 points.

Bottom line is we have righted the ship and yeah there still some things to fix with that being said enjoy it for now

Last edited:
Typical CONCACAF officiating again in this match. I had to laugh when one of the announcers stated, "That is usually a foul, but not tonight". I lost count of how many times the US players were basically pulled off the ball, knocked to the ground, or otherwise fouled that the arms of the ref went up to say play on. That was an embarrassing display of officiating, even by the low standards of CONCACAF.

Typical CONCACAF officiating again in this match. I had to laugh when one of the announcers stated, "That is usually a foul, but not tonight". I lost count of how many times the US players were basically pulled off the ball, knocked to the ground, or otherwise fouled that the arms of the ref went up to say play on. That was an embarrassing display of officiating, even by the low standards of CONCACAF.

Yup.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back