• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB Battle Update

If you had to predict right now, who will be our starting QB in the fall?

• Tanner Lee

Votes: 91 84.3%
  • Patrick O'Brien

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • Tristan Gebbia or Andrew Bunch

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
I dont begrudge TA or Taylor for the records they got. They worked hard and honest for them however that said, if we had a better OC or HC, they would never have been in a situation to get them in the first place. We now have a seasoned veteran head coach and very very good OC and DC something that passed up the last regime.
Certainly your opinion....Beck has moved on to a better job with more talent at his disposal, and Bo was his own DC.

people keep saying this but Bo's best defensive years were when his brother was the DC. When he left the D just was not the same. 2009 was his best year when they gave up only 146 pts all season. JP never measured up as a DC.
Absolutely correct!

Why would either POB or Gebbia transfer? Look at guys like Mitch Trubisky out of North Carolina this year. Backed up the starter his freshman and sophomore year, started his junior year and then declared for the draft.

If you've got what it takes, you've got what it takes.

people keep saying this but Bo's best defensive years were when his brother was the DC. When he left the D just was not the same. 2009 was his best year when they gave up only 146 pts all season. JP never measured up as a DC.

His brother coaching the studs that Callahan left him (which Coz couldn't leverage).

LOL his brother was using Callahan recruits. Sorry ramsker,,,I didnt see your post

Last edited:
Why would either POB or Gebbia transfer? Look at guys like Mitch Trubisky out of North Carolina this year. Backed up the starter his freshman and sophomore year, started his junior year and then declared for the draft.

Usually those with the Mojo dont want to wait their turns

One could argue that Lee is currently splitting reps with the 1st team offense as it is. One could also argue that TA owns a ton of Nebraska records & started for almost 4 years straight. While I think most Husker fans loved TA's heart & toughness, I don't think I'm alone when I say we're all excited to see what a QB will look like in Riley's offense who's skill set fits Riley's offense. As physically talented as TA is, he would not have been recruited to play in this offense. I've joked with friends about making Danny Wuerffel play in the old Nebraska option offense, or putting Tommy Frazier in the old Florida Fun'n Gun offense. As talented as those guys were, it just wouldn't have worked. Square peg round hole. In your scenario this would be my projected order come the first game this year:

1- Tanner Lee
2- POB or TA
3- TA or POB
4- Ryker Fyfe

A very thoughtful and honest answer....and it also makes perfect sense.

Best of luck to Ryker and TA. Time to start a new chapter.

Thank you for answering the $64 question!

Now for the $2 question; When I said that POB was 4th string last fall Big Red Shrine and Suh came after me like roaring lions. But when you said the same thing they went into hiding like meek little mealy mice. Why is that?

:Confused:

I think I know the answer....

rodney-dangerfield-no-respect.jpg

Last edited:

Football players are competitors, but there aren't to many Brook Berringers in the world.

GET TICKETS

Back