• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

#16 and #22

They have two split series with legit baseball programs and a bad loss to Oregon State, and let's keep in mind that this is entirely a road record. It's baseball; thus far too early to be making blanket statements about the team. We aren't even in March yet!

I don't know about "legit." Neither Riverside nor Utah has had a winning season since 2011.

I don't know about "legit." Neither Riverside nor Utah has had a winning season since 2011.
UCR did manage to win at UCLA last week and took two of three in Fresno. It's baseball. Yeah, our team could have fewer LOB, but it's early and too soon to be pessimistic.

UCR did manage to win at UCLA last week and took two of three in Fresno. It's baseball. Yeah, our team could have fewer LOB, but it's early and too soon to be pessimistic.

Everything is too early, no doubt.

I'm simply eager for something to give me hope -- instead of dismissing it as too early (as valid as that may be).

Agree on the 2-4 record, but calling our run scoring a pig after 6 games is jumping to conclusions.
No its not. Its a analysis of six games and its spot on. We are tied for #252 in runs scored per game. Its not like we played a murderers row in the first six games. Granted, OSU's pitching staff is good, but the other four games? Its a pathetic display at the plate in the first six games. Its impossible to ignore. Its also continuing a trend from last year. Not saying they can't turn it around but its something that has been an issue.

I will also add, that scheduling a difficult schedule means nothing in baseball. When trying to build a program, you've got to schedule patsies and build up your win-loss record.

I didn't say that. Cold weather schools typically struggle early when traveling to warm weather areas, and obviously we were farther from home than the opponents.
I agree with you main point. I'm not sure distance from home make a huge difference, but the amount of time cold weather teams spend on the field scrimmaging (ie. practicing at game speed, seeing live pitching on a real mound, situational pressure, etc.) in preparation for the season is/can be minuscule when compared to warm weather schools. I think that makes a big difference in the early season. Huskers had what, 1 scrimmage before the season started?
Regarding the crowds... I attended the last 4 games. Way more husker fans than Utah fans. Probably more husker fans than OSU fans.
IMO this team will "get it together" as the season progresses. I see signs of life.

On a slightly unrelated note...Oregon State can flat out hit. I think they will be among the best we face this season. Unfortunately we might see some of the others in Texas this weekend. So Basil, I'm not so sure we will know who we really are after this weekend either. It would be nice to play those 3 teams in mid-April and see how it goes.

No its not. Its a analysis of six games and its spot on. We are tied for #252 in runs scored per game. Its not like we played a murderers row in the first six games. Granted, OSU's pitching staff is good, but the other four games? Its a pathetic display at the plate in the first six games. Its impossible to ignore. Its also continuing a trend from last year. Not saying they can't turn it around but its something that has been an issue.

Game 1 vs Utah was against this guy. https://www.utahutes.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4260 Pre-season All American and Golden Spikes watch list. Last season, First Team All Pac12....Not saying we were good at the plate, but you might want to consider this.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back