• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Made some BLT's this weekend

KingTM

All Big 10
5 Year Member
After our group range time Saturday, I got home and was kind of bored. And hungry. After Ms. King left for work, I went and got some refreshments and hit Kroger for some ingredients for a BLT. I wanted to put it on a ciabatta roll but they were out so I tried a Mexican variety, it think it was a "bolillo" roll. They were some of those take and bake and they were delicious. I layered thick cut bacon (oven baked to keep it from curling up), tomatoes and romain lettuce on it with some regular mayo on the top half. They were super simple to make and they were delicious. Heart healthy, too. :thumbsup:

20170128_204255_zpsjx456ayi.jpg

Those look so nice. A new month coming soon and I can have my bacon allowance (once a month). Bacon and eggs or a BLT. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Last edited:
After our group range time Saturday, I got home and was kind of bored. And hungry. After Ms. King left for work, I went and got some refreshments and hit Kroger for some ingredients for a BLT. I wanted to put it on a ciabatta roll but they were out so I tried a Mexican variety, it think it was a "bolillo" roll. They were some of those take and bake and they were delicious. I layered thick cut bacon (oven baked to keep it from curling up), tomatoes and romain lettuce on it with some regular mayo on the top half. They were super simple to make and they were delicious. Heart healthy, too. :thumbsup:

Chips and mayo leaking out the side along with bacon make your heart healthy questionable but i will agree a great BLT is hard to beat. Your heart is forgiven by your stomach.

Sweet Baby Jesus!

A friend last night told me about Elvis' favorite sandwich. The PBBB. Peanut Butter, Banana and Bacon. Said he tried one. The bananas were carmelized with brown sugar and the bread was of a sweeter variety. Said it was outstanding.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back