• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Miles needs to hit the road.

I think Tim Miles has taken as far as will take us. If they think being one of the doormat in the Big 10 for a few more years, than so be it. I don't see how a new coach could be any worse!!

now would be a good time. I'm not sure if i've given up on him yet (I'm leaning that way), but he doesn't have much of a recruiting class this year, so we wouldn't necessarily take a big hit there with a transition. Also there is some young talent on the roster to help entice a good coach.

Last edited:
Throw the anomaly that is Gardner Webb aside... and we lost to #13, 36, 22 (barely), 18 & 6 in the Ken Pomeroy rankings (with only 1 game being at home) which is way more accurate at telling the story of a season thus far... These are very good basketball teams that I would not expect us to beat consistently... the combined record of those teams is 58-5...just sayin'

we now have wins over 20 and 40.. also not on our home floor.

Lets let the B1G season shake out... if Miles can somehow eek out .500 basketball or slightly better in this conference that is a heck of a job considering the lack of talent on this team compared to who we are competing with.

Last edited:

And DUNU is 67 UNO is close behind. Check those all again in six weeks. Once conference play starts IU and all the top power 5 teams will rise dramatically. They always do once they all start playing each other a couple times a week. The RPI gets more accurate later in the year.

Unfortunately Ken Pom is not what the NCAA uses.

At the NCAA RPI site, Nebraska owns one top 100 win, over #53 Dayton.

Indiana, although a very nice conference road win, now checks in at #133

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncb/rpi/
I don't care about what crappy and incomplete tool the NCAA uses...we are not a tourney team by any stretch. I want a metric that tells me how good we are compared to other teams. Pomeroy comes the closest of any to doing that. We are currently 84... that is probably real close, maybe a tad high.

Last edited:
Throw the anomaly that is Gardner Webb aside... and we lost to #13, 36, 22 (barely), 18 & 6 in the Ken Pomeroy rankings (with only 1 game being at home) which is way more accurate at telling the story of a season thus far... These are very good basketball teams that I would not expect us to beat consistently... the combined record of those teams is 58-5...just sayin'

we now have wins over 20 and 40.. also not on our home floor.

Lets let the B1G season shake out... if Miles can somehow eek out .500 basketball or slightly better in this conference that is a heck of a job considering the lack of talent on this team compared to who we are competing with.

I must agree with Hotlanta Husker (but I'm not so sure that we are all that 'Under-talented!' :Redface:)

I think I read where someone else had posted that the objective is to put more points on the board than your opponent. Reflecting back, it seems that our shooting (Beyond the Arc, In the Paint, lay-ups, FTs, everything) got progressively worse after the Dayton Win, to matching the weather Outside vs Gardner-Webb; Stone-Cold!

Oh, we scored enough early on to remain competitive (UCLA, Va Tech & Clemson), but not enough to get over the top, which I think may have detracted from our self-confidence when we faced our nemesis, & KU). What was our shooting vs Indiana; 50% from beyond the Arc? 48% FGs & 72% FTs? Holy Moly! :Bow:

If we hadn't had such a progressive slump in shooting, we could just as easily be standing at 11-2 instead of 7-6! :Eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: jtf

I don't think you can throw out the worst loss unless youv're willing to throw out the best win. Calling gardner-webb and "anomaly" but not acknowledging that Indiana was one as well is not quite telling the whole story. A game where NU hits nearly 50% of its FGs and 9-18 from 3 is most certainly an anomaly as well.

Anyway, last night was obviously a great win. Didn't get to see any of it but if I'm to believe Nick Bahe NU played with a little more pace last...the total points scored would lead one to believe that was likely the case. Pace doesn't mean going 100 MPH.

Of course, I'll play the roll of wet blanket. NU does this every year. Always has. When you play 7-10 ranked teams a year you're going to win one here and there. The key will be...can NU gain some confidence from this (shooting, for instance, in largely confidence) then they can build on it. The big 10 isn't as daunting as it is most years. Only a few ranked teams and as far as I can tell NU doesn't play any of them twice.

Time will tell if the huskers are the huskers from the first 12 games or the last 1 game.

Ahem!

Eichorst confident in direction of Riley, Miles
QSTKLDBVZXTSZUG.20161207021231.jpg

As for men’s basketball, Eichorst gave his full support to Miles – hours before Miles’ team defeated No. 16 Indiana on the road 87-83 to begin Big Ten Conference play. The Huskers had gone 6-6 in a challenging nonconference schedule.

Eichorst sees continued growth.

“They've really worked hard. Tim has worked his tail off. He's got a great group of assistants around him,” Eichorst said. “I really like the nucleus

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211381309#.WGVTG2LCBMc.twitter

Last edited:
2-0 in the Big on the road, beating two teams considered top contenders for the league title. Guess he is hitting the road pretty well at the moment. His kids play hard, they are young and gaining confidence. Need to keep the recruiting on the upward tic.

Last edited:

I'm surprised more posters aren't here talking about the nice job Miles has done the last two games. The 1-3-1 has worked well. He has used Taylor smartly. Taylor is a liability on O but I have noticed that since Miles inserted him in the lineup Webster and Watson are managing to stay out of foul trouble. Takes the pressure off Taylor on O by having the other 2 out there with him. Takes some of the d pressure off WW. Nice last week for Miles.

It was a fluke and I can't see it happening again with Miles. I am not opposed to him having a break out season, but I honestly don't see it happening.

I don't know if this year will be a breakout but with Roby getting healthier and Horne proving he can play this could nice team next year. Really need another pg on the roster besides Watson for 2017-18 though.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back