• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

''Tis the season

bugeater61

Kill All Humans
20 Year Member
IMG_2508.JPG
post up your holiday favs! This is our first batch of peanut brittle for the year.

Hot Chata:

3 boxes Andes mints
1 quart 1/2 and 1/2
2 cups whole milk

Warm in crock pot until chocolate is blended into the milk.

Add 750 of Rum Chata and consume. Delish.

Caramel Corn
clip_image002.jpg

Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter
  • 2 cups packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 16 cups popped popcorn
  • 2 cups dry roasted peanuts (optional but I wouldn’t leave them out)
Directions
Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.

Over medium heat, combine first 4 ingredients and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda. Stir well. Pour over the pop corn. Stir to coat well. Bake in large roaster or pan for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on waxed paper to dry.

My wife and I made these peanut butter balls and someone said that they where called buckeyes if we left a little spot not covered with chocolate. I said there was no way I would make something called a buckeye, so I completely covered them with chocolate and call them blackshirts.

Recipe
2 cups of Crunchy Peanut butter
3 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
2 1/2 cups of rice Crispys (ground)
1 stick soft margarine
1/2 bar of paraffin wax
1 12oz bag of Chocolate chips

Mix peanut butter, sugar, rice crispys, and margarine together. Then roll into small balls.

Melt chocolate and wax together and dip balls in chocolate then place on wax paper until dry.

My wife and I made these peanut butter balls and someone said that they where called buckeyes if we left a little spot not covered with chocolate. I said there was no way I would make something called a buckeye, so I completely covered them with chocolate and call them blackshirts.

Recipe
2 cups of Crunchy Peanut butter
3 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
2 1/2 cups of rice Crispys (ground)
1 stick soft margarine
1/2 bar of paraffin wax
1 12oz bag of Chocolate chips

Mix peanut butter, sugar, rice crispys, and margarine together. Then roll into small balls.

Melt chocolate and wax together and dip balls in chocolate then place on wax paper until dry.

These were called elephant turds in my youth. My brother and I used to make them elongated for effect.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back