• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers close to filling opening Nate Clouse | Staff Writer

interesting. i would ask the same obvious question the article ends with.....what will this guy do if we already have a cornerbacks coach?

interesting. i would ask the same obvious question the article ends with.....what will this guy do if we already have a cornerbacks coach?
It's a good question.

We will have to fight off some others to hold on to a few of our assistants, and Stewart is one of them. That could be something to watch for.

Here's to hiring this coach, as he seems to be a very strong recruiter!

It's a good question.

We will have to fight off some others to hold on to a few of our assistants, and Stewart is one of them. That could be something to watch for.

Here's to hiring this coach, as he seems to be a very strong recruiter!
i agree. If he can continue to recruit like he has been, it should be a great pickup. As for holding onto a few of our assistants, I agree with your sentiment but it does seem like the luster of a few of our "star" assistants has sort of worn out. K.Williams got knocked down a peg or 2 with his DUI issues and is it just me, or has LB Coach Bray (sp?) sort of fizzled a bit. I recall when MR first came along, there was a ton of talk about this guy being a super star and that his name would be mentioned for all the various openings. Seems like the LB play has been anything but this year.

i agree. If he can continue to recruit like he has been, it should be a great pickup. As for holding onto a few of our assistants, I agree with your sentiment but it does seem like the luster of a few of our "star" assistants has sort of worn out. K.Williams got knocked down a peg or 2 with his DUI issues and is it just me, or has LB Coach Bray (sp?) sort of fizzled a bit. I recall when MR first came along, there was a ton of talk about this guy being a super star and that his name would be mentioned for all the various openings. Seems like the LB play has been anything but this year.
I think Stewart and Bray are the ones most likely to be sought after this year.

This is also beautiful, as TT is in the wings for the 10th staff spot once approved and allowed us to get our guy before all of college is allowed to go nuts, each adding a coach.

(assuming we don't get poached)

Last edited:
This is also beautiful, as TT is in the wings for the 10th staff spot once approved and allowed us to get our guy before all of college is allowed to go nuts, each adding a coach.

(assuming we don't get poached)

I agree, Native. I just hope that it doesn't jeopardize getting TT on board as a fulltime coach.

This guy is one of the best recruiters in the PAC 12, and sports illustrated named him one of the top ten recruiters in the nation in 2015. He has played a role in 9 of Arizona's current commits and is the lead recruiter for:

5* Darnay Holmes
4* Jaylon Johnson
4* Greg Johnson
4* Elijah Blades
4* Jaylon Redd
4* Nathan Tilford

He was the secondary coach at San Jose St, in 2014 and 2015 when their pass defense rank 1st (117.8 yards per game), and 2nd (153.6 ypg). This is seriously a home run hire, and I simply can't contain myself.....

PLVFa.jpg

Will this affect the status of Tilford and Johnson, the two recruits we really want that he recruited to Arizona?

This guy is one of the best recruiters in the PAC 12, and sports illustrated named him one of the top ten recruiters in the nation in 2015. He has played a role in 9 of Arizona's current commits and is the lead recruiter for:

5* Darnay Holmes
4* Jaylon Johnson
4* Greg Johnson
4* Elijah Blades
4* Jaylon Redd
4* Nathan Tilford

He was the secondary coach at San Jose St, in 2014 and 2015 when their pass defense rank 1st (117.8 yards per game), and 2nd (153.6 ypg). This is seriously a home run hire, and I simply can't contain myself.....

PLVFa.jpg
Lots of names on that list that we had previously pitched!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back