• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

My refrigerator died last weekend

KingTM

All Big 10
5 Year Member
And I lost all my turkey. We came home to a huge puddle on the kitchen floor and, at first, I thought someone had left a door open but upon further investigation, I found both sides had thawed. This was Friday. Couldn't get anyone out until Monday and he had to order a part. He is coming this afternoon to install the control board that runs the compressor. $445 to install a stupid circuit board. I wish I knew if he had to do anything else because I would order one and install it myself.

The gut punch is that this thing just turned 5 years old and went out of warranty about 3 months ago. Good times. FML.

Man, what a pain in the ass. I'm tired of living out of coolers. My boy is in no hurry to get this thing fixed, either. Called me yesterday at about 1600 to tell me the part was in. I was all; "cool, I'm just about home." Him; "well...it's kinda late." I asked how long it was going to take he said, "oh, just a few minutes." Me; :Confused::Confused::Confused:

I'm mostly bummed about the bird. That was the best one I've ever done. RIP.

Last edited:

Damn man, hate to hear that.

Thanks, NA. It's not so much the money, it's that we lost a lot of really, really good food. Oh well, sitting at the house now waiting for the Maytag Repairman to show up and make my world whole again.

Last edited:
Thanks, NA. It's not so much the money, it's that we lost a lot of really, really good food. Oh well, sitting at the house now waiting for the Maytag Repairman to show up and make my world whole again.

Had the kids leave the deep freeze door open once, the week before my side of beef was to come in. If they had done that one week later...

Had the kids leave the deep freeze door open once, the week before my side of beef was to come in. If they had done that one week later...
Oh man, that would have sucked. Had a buddy's wife do that to him right after he killed an elk.

It's back up and running now. Now, I get to restock the whole, freaking thing. Ugh.

Oh man, that would have sucked. Had a buddy's wife do that to him right after he killed an elk.

It's back up and running now.
Now, I get to restock the whole, freaking thing. Ugh.

"Your refrigerator is running?"
"Well, you'd better go catch it then!"

*click*

(I'll show myself out....)

Last edited:

I've taken to repairing just about everything myself. Usually it's pretty easy and you can find instructions and parts via Google for just about anything. I'm repairing the washer tomorrow. Parts were only $30. The repairman quoted $300.

I've taken to repairing just about everything myself. Usually it's pretty easy and you can find instructions and parts via Google for just about anything. I'm repairing the washer tomorrow. Parts were only $30. The repairman quoted $300.
Several years ago the water pump on my wifes car was leaking. It was just a bad/old gasket. I got this! A couple of bucks for a new gasket...easy peasy. Replaced it, but I was careless tightening the last bolt...put it in crooked...snapped it in half. Dammit.

So now I had to spend over $25 on a screw extractor set and titanium drill bits. Drilled the hole, inserted the extractor, tried to remove it...

*snap*

"GODDAMMIT!!ONEONE111"

Went back to home depot, bought a couple of c-clamps, and called it good. Eff it. No more leaking.

Was supposed to be a 2 dollar repair, and my thumbs increased it by almost 20x that amount.

My wife won't let me near her car anymore.

Last edited:
Several years ago the water pump on my wifes car was leaking. It was just a bad/old gasket. I got this! A couple of bucks for a new gasket...easy peasy. Replaced it, but I was careless tightening the last bolt...put it in crooked...snapped it in half. Dammit.

So now I had to spend over $25 on a screw extractor set and titanium drill bit. Drilled the hole, inserted the extractor, tried to remove it...

*snap*

"GODDAMMIT!!ONEONE111"

Went back to home depot, bought a couple of c-clamps, and called it good. Eff it. No more leaking.

Was supposed to be a 2 dollar repair, and my thumbs increased it by almost 20x that amount.

My wife won't let me near her car anymore.

I've had a few experiences like that but now I have an awesome tool collection.

I completely rebuilt the entire front end on my son's Durango for about $350 in parts from Rock Auto. New steering gearbox from RedHead, power steering pump, ball joints, tie rods, brake calipers, brake shoes, radiator, and a few other things I've forgotten. Still on the road 3 years later so I guess I didn't f it up too much. It was either that or buy a new vehicle so there wasn't much downside if I screwed it up.

Last edited:

My brother was married in the outer banks last year. we went deep sea fishing and i brought back a bunch of Mahi Mahi about 60 lbs. 2 weeks later my freezer started to smell and sure as a Kingtm the freezer took a dirt nap. lost everything and my dreams of a summer of fish tacos went down the king's crapper.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back