• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chris Jones staying for senior year

NU_Alum

Husker Fan
5 Year Member
It's a tweet, I'm sure someone can imbed it.

There was some talk that he could go pro and be drafted fairly high. It's great news for the team and imo, for him to get his degree and improve his draft stock.

Seems like a total win win to me. I hope he takes a Suh-like step forward his senior year. He's real good now. If he can become amazing next year that's awesome for the Huskers and for him personally :thumbsup:

Does this help with recruiting Hafiz?

It won't matter either way, I doubt Hafiz can come in and jump all the kids we have. That was the complaint that many of the other highly rated DBs said. "Lots of young talent already there"

The only person this would matter to is Darnay Holmes IMO.

Last edited:
Great news, no question. Now even with losing Gerry the secondary will be very good next year with some potential of becoming great. And we'll need that.

Last edited:
Great news. So he and Kalu will be 3rd year starting CBs in the system which should be a big boost to whoever replaces Gerry at safety. Wonder how Lamar Jackson gets worked in next season

Very important to get kids who are "on the bubble" of being able to go pro, to stay.

If you love your coach, your school, your teammates, it makes the choice to stay easier.

It won't matter either way, I doubt Hafiz can come in and jump all the kids we have. That was the complaint that many of the other highly rated DBs said. "Lots of young talent already there"

The only person this would matter to is Darnay Holmes IMO.

I didn't say he would jump anyone, but we currently have zero DB commitments. We need some guys to come in and develop BEHIND Chris Jones, Kalu, and compete with the younger guys on the roster.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back