• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Pelini interested in the Purdue job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Purdue job has one requirement: Defeat Notre Dame. Notre Dame and Purdue hate each other so much that if the team went into the victory formation when they are ahead 100 - 0 and there are only 10 seconds left, the coach and players would be vilified on campus for the rest of the year for not trying to score again. Take how we feel about Texas and multiply by 100.

The Purdue job has one requirement: Defeat Notre Dame. Notre Dame and Purdue hate each other so much that if the team went into the victory formation when they are ahead 100 - 0 and there are only 10 seconds left, the coach and players would be vilified on campus for the rest of the year for not trying to score again. Take how we feel about Texas and multiply by 100.

I've never heard ND fans talk about Purdue, like ever. I'm not sure how this could be any sort of rivalry with how horrible Purdue is.

With a record like that at a power 5 school ... why is he at Youngstown? P5 schools should be knocking down his door!

Pretty sure they will be... he wins everywhere he coaches at... Nebraska DC, Oklahoma DC, LSU DC, Nebraska HC, Youngstown HC.... go look up the records for all the teams when he was there... must be the luckiest guy in the world to land at such places who dont need him to win... :rolleyes:

Pretty sure they will be... he wins everywhere he coaches at... Nebraska DC, Oklahoma DC, LSU DC, Nebraska HC, Youngstown HC.... go look up the records for all the teams when he was there... must be the luckiest guy in the world to land at such places who dont need him to win... :rolleyes:
The pressure of P5 schools may be a bit to much for Bo. He hates the media and fans from what we've all heard.

Last edited:

I guess they are just waiting for his Nebraska checks to stop flowing. Athletic programs are patient like that for 'highly sought after' coaches.:Lol:

But has he ever taken a non-blueblood program and done anything? All those schools had great history and talent levels most coaches only dream about. That almost guarantees winning on some level. Let's see him take a school like Kansas or Purdue to a winning record.

Last edited:
Update.

It seems my Purdue alumni focus group has changed their tune. As the Purdue fan base and media hash through various names, word seems to have spread about some of the cons with Bo (whether valid or not) and it has influenced the views of the group.

In about a 24 hour period, the texts went from almost completely supporting Bo, to now saying they should move on to other candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back