• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Pelini interested in the Purdue job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am aware of what forced perspetive is. I do not need to google it. I did consider where they are and how close their feet might be, The biggest thing is that both in the picture and the video which are from different angles. When you can look at the same situation from different angles forced perspective becomes less of an issue. So we have the perspective of the picture and the perspective of the video. Therefore I think it is your bias and preconception that are forcing you to not believe what your eyes are telling you. I am sure if we were to look we could probably find a third angle and perspective and then with three angles of perspective there would be vitually no chance of being fooled by forced perspective. Oh look at that I found it.
197vg4tnxfmpqgif.gif

In this one you can see that the hat although not close to the Refs face he did come within inches of the shoulder. Three seperate angles all telling the story that he did indeed come within inches of the refs shoulder. Although the first two looked to be near the face when we do away with forced perspective by supplying different angles we are able to see that he came pretty damn close. would you like me to look for another?

lip reading the ref you can clearly see that he was telling BO ..."I just made you my little B*^*h for the rest of the game"
I'd be mad too

I actually liked Pelini's fire and passion. As a player you can't complain to the refs about calls. So you like to see your coach stand up for your team.

That being said...I was fine with Pelini until the tapes came out and I heard what he said to our team after he was fired. I understand why he may have been upset...but he had had plenty of time to gather himself and think about the right thing to do before talking with the team. And he's supposed to be a mentor to those young men.....and in my opinion the things he said had a negative influence on those young men and it was very cowardly of Bo.

I don't know the man personally but I think that meeting revealed something about his character. I'm glad he's gone. And I got a man crush on our new coach. I admire the guys character.

You found what? That's the same video.
You really struggle to comprehend things, don't you? Your grammar failures from other threads suggest your logic reasoning is no better than your spatial reasoning. Where are their feet? You dont have anything conclusive, and to continue to push the "inches" narrative shows that you are either deliberately trolling, or just spatially naive.
It is not it is 9-degrees out from the other video. one is from Bos left and the other is from the rear.
edit I stand corrected the photo is from the left that is a shortened version of the same video. i will look again

Last edited:
Ok, let me start by saying "boy was I wrong".

My unscientific text question to a bunch of Purdue alumni (all are avid Purdue fans, most are season ticket holders, and a few are significant donors) asking about the potential of Bo Pelini becoming their coach did not get the results I expected. Apparently I have a bias not shared by others outside of Nebraska.

For context, I have listed some of my posts below, followed by actual quotes from the Purdue alumni.

Actual responses from Purdue alumni:

"I would definitely take a look at Pelini. He did a very good job at Nebraska and is doing well at Youngstown State. Plus, the fact that he wants to get back in the Big Ten is a positive."

"I'd be good with Pelini. I like a fiery Gene Keady type roaming the sidelines. Never won less than 9 games at Nebraska."
(Gene Keady was a successful longtime basketball coach at Purdue with a tough demeanor and often had a scowl on his face during games.)

"I'd like a Polock whose parents were steel workers."
(I'm just including this because I thought it was funny)

"We need a guy with a ton of energy and no BS attitude. Pelini won 8, 9, 10 every year. He is physco, but he might be the right type. We have to make a great hire. Pelini might be the guy."

"Pelini would definitly raise the profile of the program, especially with the Faux Pelini twitter account."

As you can see, much more accepting of Bo than I had thought. Other than the physco comment, nothing else is very negative. Keep in mind Purdue is a program at the very bottom that just terminated a coach with no pulse. They are craving the opposite personality and someone that can raise the profile of the program.

Interesting.

Let's not forget that Purdue is easily one of the 5-10 worst P5 jobs in the country. There are up and coming MAC coaches (PJ Fleck) who would probably say no to them because its worth waiting for something better - which is almost any other school. Purdue isn't hiring a big name or up and coming coach. Pelini would be like Pete Carroll for that doormat program.

Let's not forget that Purdue is easily one of the 5-10 worst P5 jobs in the country. There are up and coming MAC coaches (PJ Fleck) who would probably say no to them because its worth waiting for something better - which is almost any other school. Purdue isn't hiring a big name or up and coming coach. Pelini would be like Pete Carroll for that doormat program.

I don't know if I would agree with this, but anyone who thinks Pelini with all his warts wouldn't get a lower level P5 offer isn't thinking straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back