• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jumbo Joe

KingTM

All Big 10
5 Year Member
I wanted to charcoal grill some wings for the IU tailgate but I didn't have a nice, portable grill so I looked around last week and found this, the Jumbo Joe by Weber. I had no idea that this grill existed but you can bet that it will be in the back of the truck from now on. At 18", its almost as big as my grill at the house and I was able to get a ton of wings on there. For you char-grilling fans, I highly recommend this grill for travel use. I'll be taking it down to Gatlinburg with us next month.

Why can I not embed a pic from Photobucket anymore? Anyway, here's a direct url; http://s611.photobucket.com/user/re...oads/20161015_142657_zpsfxihlwqb.jpg.html?o=0
20161015_142657_zpsfxihlwqb.jpg
20161015_142657_zpsfxihlwqb.jpg.html

jumbo-joe-18

Last edited:

I wanted to charcoal grill some wings for the IU tailgate but I didn't have a nice, portable grill so I looked around last week and found this, the Jumbo Joe by Weber. I had no idea that this grill existed but you can bet that it will be in the back of the truck from now on. At 18", its almost as big as my grill at the house and I was able to get a ton of wings on there. For you char-grilling fans, I highly recommend this grill for travel use. I'll be taking it down to Gatlinburg with us next month.

20161015_142657_zpsfxihlwqb.jpg
20161015_142657_zpsfxihlwqb.jpg.html

jumbo-joe-18
Nice. It's on my list for my 'work' house. Not really sure I want to drop much more than that on a grill I won't have time to use more than once or twice a week anyway.

Nice. It's on my list for my 'work' house. Not really sure I want to drop much more than that on a grill I won't have time to use more than once or twice a week anyway.

Yeah, I thought the price was very reasonable. Typical, Weber quality too. It can double as a backup too in the event of a large gathering and you have a ton of food to cook. I don't know about smoking on it though, the distance between the cooking grate and the coals may be a bit short. I'm going to look at that more, this weekend.

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought the price was very reasonable. Typical, Weber quality too. It can double as a backup too in the event of a large gathering and you have a ton of food to cook. I don't know about smoking on it though, the distance between the cooking grate and the coals may be a bit short. I'm going to look at that more, this weekend.

I think it will work for my 'travel' needs. I almost never have enough time to really smoke something unless I'm at home and then I'm set. On this thing a foil bag full of wet chips and I can get a little smoky flavor added to whatever I'm grilling. I can live with that. I'll have to see if some of the local places have these in stock.

I think it will work for my 'travel' needs. I almost never have enough time to really smoke something unless I'm at home and then I'm set. On this thing a foil bag full of wet chips and I can get a little smoky flavor added to whatever I'm grilling. I can live with that. I'll have to see if some of the local places have these in stock.

I agree. I always toss a couple of chunks of apple or hickory on the coals, once they're ready and it does add a nice layer of flavor.

I actually found this in stock at one of our Lowe's, good luck in your search. From everything I've read, do not buy the table that goes with it.

I agree. I always toss a couple of chunks of apple or hickory on the coals, once they're ready and it does add a nice layer of flavor.

I actually found this in stock at one of our Lowe's, good luck in your search. From everything I've read, do not buy the table that goes with it.

Duly noted. The table is a no go for the Crabmeister.

Duly noted. The table is a no go for the Crabmeister.

I was pretty surprised. I have never seen a poorly manufactured Weber product. Apparently that table is no better than your Grandmother's wobbly assed, 40 year old card table. Add to that some hot coals and an inebriated chef and, wa-la, instant ****show.

Last edited:
I was pretty surprised. I have never seen a poorly manufactured Weber product. Apparently that table is no better than your Grandmother's wobbly assed, 40 year old card table. Add to that some hot coals and an inebriated chef and, wa-la, instant ****show.

Neither have I. Must have out sourced the table to a Chinese company.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back