• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Randy Gregory failed another one

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to wonder if the way we got him to commit was to explain to him how he could beat any drug tests that we performed. Hard to believe the NFL polices weed more diligently than what our standards are supposed to be...

You have to wonder if the way we got him to commit was to explain to him how he could beat any drug tests that we performed. Hard to believe the NFL polices weed more diligently than what our standards are supposed to be...
WOW! Really? That is a crock and I think you know it. So what you are really saying is, under BP, we were a dirty program. Unfreakingbelievable that you would even begin to suggest such ubsurdity. Wait, coming from you, nah, it's about right. :Facepalm:

Hopefully RG can get his act together and have a successful career. I don't care what anyone's opinion is on marijuana, he knows the rules and can't follow them. I understand he is likely dependent and hope he truly gets the help he needs, but rules are rules.

WOW! Really? That is a crock and I think you know it. So what you are really saying is, under BP, we were a dirty program. Unfreakingbelievable that you would even begin to suggest such ubsurdity. Wait, coming from you, nah, it's about right. :Facepalm:
It is clear that the previous coach turned a blind eye to the issue.

If not dirty, I would say inept. Is there a way that a well-run, clean program doesn't find Gregory's issue? Gregory didn't just suddenly start smoking weed to the extent that he was caught for. He'd been building for a while.

If not dirty, I would say inept. Is there a way that a well-run, clean program doesn't find Gregory's issue? Gregory didn't just suddenly start smoking weed to the extent that he was caught for. He'd been building for a while.
Okay, so then the NCAA should do some investigating, and when it finds us guilty, put us on probation, after all, we ain't da SEC team member, now is we? Sarcasm, but, if you guys want to through it out there, and if there is fire where there appears to be smoke, we need to be disciplined. We are Nebraska after all. Think about that, or leave it be.

Okay, so then the NCAA should do some investigating, and when it finds us guilty, put us on probation, after all, we ain't da SEC team member, now is we? Sarcasm, but, if you guys want to through it out there, and if there is fire where there appears to be smoke, we need to be disciplined. We are Nebraska after all. Think about that, or leave it be.
If they did look into it, they'd likely find evidence of guilt. I'm not sure this is an area the NCAA typically concentrates much since so many teams would have to be investigated...large numbers of athletes across the country smoke pot. The NCAA likely leaves it to the school to police...probably not an effective way to do it if you really care about stopping it.

Last edited:
If they did look into it, they'd likely find evidence of guilt. I'm not sure this is an area the NCAA typically concentrates much since so many teams would have to be investigated...large numbers of athletes across the country smoke pot. The NCAA likely leaves it to the school to police...probably not an effective way to do it if you really care about stopping it.
Yeah, you are probably right about this. It should just be legalized, people need to deal with it, it's not going away anytime soon. Having said that Gregory should know that he is costing himself millions of dollars and it now falls squarely on his shoulders and no body else. The fact that he can't seem to go 3 months with out smoking says tons about him, and maybe the NFL should cut him loose. They've cut people loose for a lot less.

Gregory did admit to failing two tests early in 2014 at Nebraska and was told if he failed a third he'd be kicked off the team... guess who was never tested a third time. FWIW, I think this happens at every program across the country, nothing unique to Nebraska and/or Bo Pelini.

Gregory did admit to failing two tests early in 2014 at Nebraska and was told if he failed a third he'd be kicked off the team... guess who was never tested a third time. FWIW, I think this happens at every program across the country, nothing unique to Nebraska and/or Bo Pelini.
As I agreed with GFOA, I will agree here too. I'd be pretty naive to think other wise. I got ahead of myself and didn't think it through. As to the bold, yeah, it's surely true.

Sad but not surprising.

I criticized him harshly the first time. Took a bit of heat. Fact is, Gregory is a fool. Unless he's hooked on something more than weed, there's zero excuse for his very poor choices. Choices that aren't far removed from throwing his career away.

He got away with this many times at Nebraska, with Bo sweeping in under the rug. Not gonna escape it in the NFL.

Suspended four games last year, his rookie season. Went on to register zero sacks in 12 games. Suspended apparently more than four game his second year ... he's falling way behind the curve at this point. Unfortunately, heading toward one of the all-time busts.

You are just wrong about this one HW... sorry... It is 100% clear that Randy has issues that go far deeper than weed... it is clearly a coping mechanism for him... His father went to Northwestern... If you listen to Randy... he is not a dumb individual... He needs help.

Last edited:

You are just wrong about this one HW... sorry... It is 100% clear that Randy has issues that go far deeper than weed... it is clearly a coping mechanism for him... His father went to Northwestern... If you listen to Randy... he is not a dumb individual... He needs help.

It doesn't have to be deeper issues, he's obviously addicted to MJ. MJ can be addicting to people, it's a mental addiction not physical.

I don't know if he has other issues, but I know he's an addict and needs help.

Bo was pretty adamant that Gregory needed another year in college due largely to this issue.
I believe Dallas invested a lot into him because they were aware of his issues when he was drafted. You simply can't force someone do the "right thing" no matter how much help they receive. Either RG decides it's time to get himself together or he will be in for a very tough time for the immediate future.

I'm not going to blame Bo for his issues without knowing exactly what was done to help him at Nebraska. Obviously these issues are/were confidential between RG and the coaching staff. Seems like he really has major problems with substance abuse issues. I hope he gets the help needed and gets his life back on track. Forget about the football aspect because he's destroying his entire life with what he's been doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back