• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Foster out for the season with a torn MCL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
The only blessing is we are very deep at OG with some really talented young men. Someone is going to get the get chance to step up and shine.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

Jalin Barnett?
Whitaker at Center with Utter sliding back to Guard?
Whitaker at Guard?
True freshmen Boe Wilson, at least possibly in the 2-deep?

I hope for Barnett. Save Whitaker as the swingman - especially as a backup at Tackle, if one of the tackle's go down I don't want to see Whitaker having to move there again and disrupting LG another time!

Well crap. I was hoping it wasn't that bad.

I expect to see some rotation in that spot in the non-con games until they find the right guy to fill it.
From the few coaches comments I've heard, it sounds like Barnett has the skill set but doesn't quite have all of the x's and o's figured out yet.

Last edited:

Barnett and Wilson have both looked good in camp. My money is on Barnett just because of more time in the system.

Well that sucks. Depth or not, I hate losing kids before the first snap of the season.

One possible option to replace Foster, senior Corey Whitaker, will undergo a knee scope and will miss at least a couple weeks.

“That means he will be back, and that’s putting us right up against that first game. You’re looking at a possibility of a Jalin Barnett or a Boe Wilson. I like both of those guys. Physically they can play. We have to get them up to speed so they can fit in. We will make this thing work, and we are disappointed for Jerald, but that’s it. With Corey, we’re just thankful he will be back.”

Barnett is coming off a redshirt season, and had been working as the No. 2 offensive guard behind Foster this spring. Wilson, a true freshman from Lee’s Summit, Missouri, is a 6-foot-3, 295-pounder who was a former three-star recruit.

Riley said that one option could be moving center Dylan Utter back to guard, where he started 13 games last season, though that isn't an ideal scenario.

Darn it! Some players just have the worse luck! This guy has a ton of potential. O-linemen get their share of knee injuries

What position in Raridon playing? Is he behind Wilson overall? I thought most were saying he was the most college ready coming in.

That's a shame. I was really looking forward to seeing what kind of damage Gates and Foster could do together on the left side of that line.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back