• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Front page article "Big Ten Coaches Talk Anonymously"

Status
Not open for further replies.

alabamahusker

Junior Varsity
20 Year Member
Man, we don't seem to worry anyone for sure :( ............ so, come on boys, unleash 60 minutes of hell on each and every opponent and lets see if these coaches feel differently after the season. GBR!!

I got that read as well. It doesn't sound like we are respected. I am very confident that this year will be a different story. GBR!!!

Man, we don't seem to worry anyone for sure :( ............ so, come on boys, unleash 60 minutes of hell on each and every opponent and lets see if these coaches feel differently after the season. GBR!!

I got that read as well. It doesn't sound like we are respected. I am very confident that this year will be a different story. GBR!!!

I think the bulk of their points were pretty valid and most if not all of it was voiced in this forum. The only way to change perception be it opposing coaches, media, fans or potential recruits is to win. I'm not overly confident that we'll see a giant step forward this year but I do think we'll see improvement and next year opponent staffs will be singing a slightly different tune.

Oddly I do not see their comment as all that negative. If you were to sum it up.
1. They had buy in problems last year
2. Tommie is a bit of a square peg.
3. need a better pass rush
4. Can they get it turned around enough before they get the right players in place.
5. They need more turnovers

This has all been said here a million times. So why is it suddenly so negative when other coaches say it/

I think the bulk of their points were pretty valid and most if not all of it was voiced in this forum. The only way to change perception be it opposing coaches, media, fans or potential recruits is to win. I'm not overly confident that we'll see a giant step forward this year but I do think we'll see improvement and next year opponent staffs will be singing a slightly different tune.

I agree totally, they were/are valid comments which is why I said we don't seem to worry anyone. Man that hurts....

Oddly I do not see their comment as all that negative. If you were to sum it up.
1. They had buy in problems last year
2. Tommie is a bit of a square peg.
3. need a better pass rush
4. Can they get it turned around enough before they get the right players in place.
5. They need more turnovers

This has all been said here a million times. So why is it suddenly so negative when other coaches say it/

I haven't seen anyone say it's negative comments, just the observation that we don't worry anyone really. That is tough to hear and hopefully somewhat motivating.....

I agree totally, they were/are valid comments which is why I said we don't seem to worry anyone. Man that hurts....

Completely agree. We have become Iowa State. Sure, they'll beat someone from time to time, but who worries about Iowa State?

I haven't seen anyone say it's negative comments, just the observation that we don't worry anyone really. That is tough to hear and hopefully somewhat motivating.....

That's it in a nutshell. It's negative for me and other Husker fans because it's freaking true.

That is a negative comment. I saw nothing in those comments that says they are not scared of us.
This does not sound like a coach who is not nervous.
Some people were surprised how well they threw it, but they have a solid group of receivers. Tommy Armstrong is kind of a square peg in a round hole in a pro-style offense, but it looked like he bought into what they’re trying to accomplish. He made some questionable decisions in late-game situations, but that may have been their staff trying to get a feel for what he can and can’t do.” - See more at: http://athlonsports.com/college-foo...out-conference-foes-2016#sthash.exRxVMOB.dpuf
or this
Defensively, they were really good plugging gaps and making sure you didn’t run the ball, but they did not have a pass rush last year at all, and the biggest difference in their team was that they didn’t create many turnovers.” - See more at: http://athlonsports.com/college-foo...out-conference-foes-2016#sthash.exRxVMOB.dpuf

Adding to my last post. No coach is going to say we have no shot against that team they are going to kick our butts.

Hard to disagree with what was said.

Unfortunately, due to winning nothing of significance the last 15 years now and being terrible in big games, Nebraska has lost the benefit of the doubt with coaches, media, pollsters etc.

While the last 15 years certainly plays into the overall perception of a team, I believe our uncanny ability to turn the ball over and lose games that should have been won last year have more impact on perceptions on what coaches think we are capable of this fall.
  • A defense ranked about 120th in stopping the pass may have something to do with it.
  • A DL that could not put pressure on the passer last year lost most of its seasoned players.
  • A QB that doesn't fit the system

Wow, one tough year & you think we're a doormat? :Facepalm: Cheer up, we'll be back, sooner than later.

I'm good. No need to cheer me up, I'm just very realistic about the last decade plus of Husker football. One very bad year after more than a decade of slightly above mediocre football with a few horrific failures sprinkled throughout will tend to lower the overall perception of the program. No one's scared to play NU anymore. That's a fair statement. I also think we'll be better sooner than later, but I'm not sure how soon that will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back