• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Meet Keith Williams, the most motivational coach in college football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member

Yep any kid who has a competitive father wants his kid to play for a coach like that. One that will "change his life."

You can not buy this sort of publicity especially in a national paper like USA Today.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/06/meet-keith-williams-the-most-motivational-coach-in-college-football

Very nice, succinct write-up on Coach KW.

Hopefully the 'motivational' label is taken the right way by those not familiar with the coach, and not placed in the same 'motivational' category as Tony Robbins. That nut job sent some folks to the hospital for making them walk on a burning bed of fire-coals at a motivational retreat recently.

Coach KW is the real deal. He has a proven track record of delivery guys to the NFL with great results in the NFL.

That man needs to be paid so we can keep him at Nebraska..
You do realize he just got a huge raise last year right? He is already making $400K. Up from his original contract of $275K
http://www.omaha.com/huskers/nebras...cle_ed5fd600-c90d-11e5-8c97-3b87dad10a35.html
So if he leaves I do not believe salary will be the issue. For the record 400K in Lincoln will probably go as far as twice that in Cali, Miami or the DC area.
So that is pretty good compensation for a position coach.

You do realize he just got a huge raise last year right? He is already making $400K. Up from his original contract of $275K
http://www.omaha.com/huskers/nebras...cle_ed5fd600-c90d-11e5-8c97-3b87dad10a35.html
So if he leaves I do not believe salary will be the issue. For the record 400K in Lincoln will probably go as far as twice that in Cali, Miami or the DC area.

If Williams reels in both Lindsey and Lewis along with the other committed receivers it will be an unprecedented haul for Nebraska. Every big-time program in the country will be sniffing around seeing what it will take to hire him to their school.

Last edited:

He is definitely well paid as is for a WR coach, especially when you consider the cost of living in Lincoln as Thom said.
Highest%20paid%20WR%20coaches%203.png

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=The-nations-highestpaid-wide-receivers-coaches

I found this list of the highest paid from April 2015, couldn't find anything from this year. There's more info about the list at the link, but as you can see KW would be right up near the top of the list and he is strictly a WR coach with no further titles added. I don't believe he has any desire to be an OC or a WR coach in the NFL. As long as Nebraska starts to win and he continues to be able to recruit his pick of the litter, then I don't think we'll have to worry about KW going anywhere for awhile.

Our Big 10 payout is about to more than double. This would be a good time for the coaches to have a good year.

. For the record 400K in Lincoln will probably go as far as twice that in Cali, Miami or the DC area.

Which put's even more emphasis that the SEC dominates in pay where the cost of living is generally low. 400k is right up there for a WR coach though.

If he lands Lewis, Lindsey, Johnson Jr., McQuitty and Calvin – that should be incentive enough to stick around for 3-4 more years to coach those kids up. Would be tough to walk away from. And if kids like that keep coming, I don't see any reason for him to leave if his intentions are as we have come to believe.

If he lands Lewis, Lindsey, Johnson Jr., McQuitty and Calvin – that should be incentive enough to stick around for 3-4 more years to coach those kids up. Would be tough to walk away from. And if kids like that keep coming, I don't see any reason for him to leave if his intentions are as we have come to believe.
Plus like I have said before.
1. He has access to top talent.
2. Nebraska has some of the best facilities to help him make grat players even greater
3. Nebraska has no issue with him bringing in guys from the NFL and other college teams and working with them.

The last is very important as he seems to really have a love for teaching his craft. he does not care who. Nebraska gives him that. The fact that it is symbiotic is gravy for NE. Since if top players see him coaching top NFL players at NE they will say. I want that.

Add to all of this the fact that most people do not leave their job because of money. They leave because they do not like their boss or the culture. http://www.forbes.com/sites/victorl...-jobs-new-survey-offers-answers/#6ebe6d8356a9
I think HCMR and DONU check both of those blocks.

Folks need to remember that Coach Williams has been a mid-major coach up until this big jump to Nebraska. I think a lot of that has to do with his integrity and principal and he is not going to compromise that for any coach or school. Look working for Riley he is able to do all that he believes in and not have to compromise any of his values and is one of the highest paid WR coaches in the country now. He loves teaching and coaching kids. I am not really sure he even wants to be a coordinator or head coach. Some guys just are happy doing what they do. If he leaves Nebraska it will not be for money. I could see him staying here for awhile. Dude is a different 'cat which I like and respect because I would like to think that is the way I love my own life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back