• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Shatel Suggests $$$ is the Primary Reason for the Struggles with Ticket Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have no real way of knowing, with out trying to do some research,(EGADS MAN) but do other major schools like Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama, USC etc. etc. make season ticket holders "donate" money to get their tickets? I still find this a very weird practice....

I was paying $1000 donation for 4 north end zone tickets (row 70) and then paying about $1600 for the tickets.

I drive almost 6 hours to go to Husker games. I love the corn, but I just won't spend $2,600 to go to games in addition to all my time and travel expenses. North end zone is super fun, but that's all I could get my Mizzou husband to go for...

Honestly, we can buy tickets online and pay less. But I'm one of the biggest Husker fans you'll find! Just saw one in the grocery store today and made a point of talking to him. He was from North Platte.

Last edited:

I was paying $1000 donation for 4 north end zone tickets (row 70) and then paying about $1600 for the tickets.

I drive almost 6 hours to go to Husker games. I love the corn, but I just won't spend $2,600 to go to games in addition to all my travel expenses.

I get it. It is a lot to ask, especially for people who have to travel. I spend a ridiculous amount on football and airfare every week. I will do it as long as I can, because there will come a day when I can't or won't.

I get it Lincoln 84, I would do it in a heartbeat if I could get the grandfathered donation that my sister gets!

That's what I think is the problem... That the younger ticket holders are getting shouldered with WAY too much of the burden. I'll say it again, as I've said in other threads, at some point NU has to start increasing the donation of the old folks so that young folks can afford it.

My husband and I could afford to pay a lot in donation, but I just won't do it. And I don't think that makes me a bad fan.

Last edited:

I get it Lincoln 84, I would do it in a heartbeat if I could get the grandfathered donation that my sister gets!

That's what I think is the problem... That the younger ticket holders are getting shouldered with WAY too much of the burden. I'll say it again, as I've said in other threads, at some point NU has to start increasing the donation of the old folks so that young folks can afford it.

My husband and I could afford to pay a lot in donation, but I just won't do it. And I don't think that makes me a bad fan.

I agree with you totally. Money rules collegiate sports and than isn't going to change; it will probably get worse. And the younger fans aren't going to see the value in spending on an inferior product. Most of us grew up with the great, almighty Big Red. Those days are long gone and its a new world with TV rights, cable, streaming etc...Look at the money we are paying coaches who don't even work in Lincoln anymore. That has been a big fat bill for over a decade.

The athletic department does not get subsidized by the university, only about a dozen programs aren't subsidized in D1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back