• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Amy Williams - Potential New WBB coach *update* Hired

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/husker...cle_b57541d4-9635-5139-80cd-87598c718d0a.html

Shepard was peeved at her teammate, guard Natalie Romeo

“If you’re going to transfer, maybe leave a little more quietly,” Shepard said when asked about Romeo’s comments, made late last week. “You don’t need to say anything and kind of throw your teammates under the bus. It’s hard when a teammate throws you under the bus — whether they’re moving on or not

Amy has her work cut out for her. It definitely sounds like there is division in the ranks. Hopefully this doesn't set the program back, but it's getting harder to see how it won't.

And unless you have a coach that lays down the law, backstabbing and chaos would be expected. I still question whether Coni was run out of town because the University was too pussy to call B.S. on racist accusations. I could be wrong, though. But I'm not wrong about a bunch of 18-22 year old girls/women not getting along unless someone who has ultimate authority guides them with clear and mature expectations.

And unless you have a coach that lays down the law, backstabbing and chaos would be expected. I still question whether Coni was run out of town because the University was too pussy to call B.S. on racist accusations. I could be wrong, though. But I'm not wrong about a bunch of 18-22 year old girls/women not getting along unless someone who has ultimate authority guides them with clear and mature expectations.

I think that could be applied to any 18-22 yr old group, not just women. But I get what you are saying.

Amy has her work cut out for her...it's a good thing that she was hired as quickly as she was. Now, she can get to work and get this stuff cut out of the program.

Their younger sister Taylor, who will be a high school senior, has narrowed her choices to Iowa State, Iowa, Creighton, Nebraska and Oklahoma State. She hopes to decide this summer.

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/prep...cle_6bca3bce-01c2-11e6-921e-67ada74a599c.html

Nice to see Nebraska listed as an interest from the youngest Kissinger girl. In talking with some of the family apparently Coach Yori was not interested in any of the other girls for whatever reason.

Their younger sister Taylor, who will be a high school senior, has narrowed her choices to Iowa State, Iowa, Creighton, Nebraska and Oklahoma State. She hopes to decide this summer.

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/prep...cle_6bca3bce-01c2-11e6-921e-67ada74a599c.html

Nice to see Nebraska listed as an interest from the youngest Kissinger girl. In talking with some of the family apparently Coach Yori was not interested in any of the other girls for whatever reason.

We were recruiting Taylor Kissenger hard while Yori was still coach. Amy Stephens was the lead recruiter. A lot of Minden people have ties to UNK, and knew Amy well from her time coaching there. I talked to a family member after the Illinois game, and we were definitely recruiting Taylor. At that time, it was pretty apparent Taylor was not going to Illinois. Obviously, a lot has changed since then.

We were recruiting Taylor Kissenger hard while Yori was still coach. Amy Stephens was the lead recruiter. A lot of Minden people have ties to UNK, and knew Amy well from her time coaching there. I talked to a family member after the Illinois game, and we were definitely recruiting Taylor. At that time, it was pretty apparent Taylor was not going to Illinois. Obviously, a lot has changed since then.

That is good news, in visiting with the twins family, unless I miss understood them which I could have done, Nebraska didn't seem at all interested in them which is why one went to San Diego and the other to Illinois. Those girls can shoot. Standing next to them they didn't seem like they were anything special but apparently they must have come out of the womb with a basketball in their hands.

That is good news, in visiting with the twins family, unless I miss understood them which I could have done, Nebraska didn't seem at all interested in them which is why one went to San Diego and the other to Illinois. Those girls can shoot. Standing next to them they didn't seem like they were anything special but apparently they must have come out of the womb with a basketball in their hands.

Yes, I believe you are correct with regard to the twins; I was only referencing Taylor. Not sure what was going on back then, although there has always been tension between the Shooting Stars program (Dan Lesoing) and Yori. Cady was a notable success from there, but we also lost a few from there.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back