• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Remember this name: Jamal Turner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Nice....

ATH Jamal Turner (Arlington, Texas/Sam Houston)

We still don't feel the highly athletic Turner is getting the recognition he deserves on the recruiting trail; he might be one of those prospects who, a few years down the road, has the bigger schools, including Texas, scratching their heads on why he was passed over. Committed to Nebraska, Turner could fit the role of Taylor Martinez, because he's a dynamic dual-threat quarterback with great speed, quickness and explosiveness behind center. Comparable to Russell Shepard, ESPN's No. 3 overall player in 2009, he can slice up defenses on the ground with striking suddenness and quick decision-making. We originally pegged Turner as a slot receiver at the next level, but with the running packages the Cornhuskers are now implementing from the quarterback position, look for him to remain behind center. He throws the ball well on the run and has decent zip to develop as a passer, but it's his legs that could make this guy the next star in Lincoln. He will have a chance to show he belongs among the nation's elite at the Under Armour All-America Game in January.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=5813307

someone has to second this post....jamal has been my most anticipated recruit since he committed way back in january or february. that was before t-magic rescued our qb situation, but regardless jamal has been an unwaivering husker commit, has shown great character and personality, has been working toward getting on campus early (jan?), has helped build relationships among recruits, and obviously has tremendous ability and amazing upside in this husker offensive system. the prospects of having j.turner and a.green in the backfield has given me hope all year, and now not only have they both committed but we will have martinez to run with 'em. man woman and child !!!!

That first sentence makes us sound like a school that just gets leftovers from the "bigger schools". :confused:

That first sentence makes us sound like a school that just gets leftovers from the "bigger schools". :confused:

It may sound that way but I'd like to think perhaps Bo knows how to evaluate talent better than the recruiting services. I'd like to think we are a little like the Steelers and how they draft. We recruit to our style of play rather than just plain old star power even though Jamal has the stars also. :nod:

I think it will be really interesting to see how the QB situation shapes up in the next 1-3 years...a few really good pieces to fit into the big puzzle!

This has probably been asked before, but is Jamal enrolling in the Spring? With the Taylor soap opera it would be nice to have some insurance ;)

This has probably been asked before, but is Jamal enrolling in the Spring? With the Taylor soap opera it would be nice to have some insurance ;)

Pretty sure that I have read that Jamal is planning on being here in January.

I think he's going to be a big addition. We're thin at QB. It doens't appear that Cody Green will ever a mount to much at QB. Martinez needs to stay healthy. I'm eager to see what Brion Carnes has to offer next Spring and Fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back