• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pulled Pork BBQ Sauce

DIHRDHskr

Scout Team
10 Year Member
This is from a local establishment in Virginia Beach that has hosted Pig Roasts for several years. Spicy and a bit different from typical North Carolina sauce but a big hit out here. It's enough for a whole pig and then some. I usually just make a whole batch and share it with my buddies that like to smoke "butts" as much as I do. Enjoy!

This recipe is designed to allow the use of standard sized containers in their entirety.

2 Gallons White Venegar
1 Can – 7lbs 2oz Ketchup
1 Bottle – 20oz Heinz 57 Sauce
1 Bottle – 15oz Worcestershire Sauce
10oz Texas Pete (adjust to desired heat)
(8oz = mild, 10oz = medium, 12oz = hot)
2/3 Cup Crushed Pepper

Mix well and bring to a slow boil. Simmer for one (1) hour. Allow to cool and bottle for future use.

Note: To mellow the sauce add 1lb (2 cups) of brown sugar.

This recipe will make approximately 2 ¾ gallons of sauce.

This is from a local establishment in Virginia Beach that has hosted Pig Roasts for several years. Spicy and a bit different from typical North Carolina sauce but a big hit out here. It's enough for a whole pig and then some. I usually just make a whole batch and share it with my buddies that like to smoke "butts" as much as I do. Enjoy!

This recipe is designed to allow the use of standard sized containers in their entirety.

2 Gallons White Venegar
1 Can – 7lbs 2oz Ketchup
1 Bottle – 20oz Heinz 57 Sauce
1 Bottle – 15oz Worcestershire Sauce
10oz Texas Pete (adjust to desired heat)
(8oz = mild, 10oz = medium, 12oz = hot)
2/3 Cup Crushed Pepper

Mix well and bring to a slow boil. Simmer for one (1) hour. Allow to cool and bottle for future use.

Note: To mellow the sauce add 1lb (2 cups) of brown sugar.

This recipe will make approximately 2 ¾ gallons of sauce.

Thanks, dude. I usually just rub my meat and go with that but I may have to give this a try. I noticed a distinct lack of whisky, though. ;)

This is the sauce you use after the pork is done. I too use a dry rub I developed during the smoking process. Enjoy!

This is the sauce you use after the pork is done. I too use a dry rub I developed during the smoking process. Enjoy!

Gotcha, I was thinking mop. Mine will have an addition of a bit of Jameson's. Thanks, again!

Gotcha, I was thinking mop. Mine will have an addition of a bit of Jameson's. Thanks, again!

I may have to try that. I do reduce apple cider with dried red pepper and use that as a mop. The wife really likes the apple taste. I actually modify the recipe above by using apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar. Just prefer that hint of apple flavor.

I may have to try that. I do reduce apple cider with dried red pepper and use that as a mop. The wife really likes the apple taste. I actually modify the recipe above by using apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar. Just prefer that hint of apple flavor.

That sounds so good and I'm hungry. I don't have the time to BBQ tonight but I'm stopping on the way home and picking up something to grill. And beer. Gotta have beer to do it right.

I use apple cider vinegar in my brine but I love your idea of the reduced cider mop. I've never done a mop as I didn't want to screw up my world famous rub, how do you get around that?

That sounds so good and I'm hungry. I don't have the time to BBQ tonight but I'm stopping on the way home and picking up something to grill. And beer. Gotta have beer to do it right.

I use apple cider vinegar in my brine but I love your idea of the reduced cider mop. I've never done a mop as I didn't want to screw up my world famous rub, how do you get around that?

Don't mop until the crust is formed. Around the 6 hour mark.

Don't mop until the crust is formed. Around the 6 hour mark.

Gotcha. I didn't know if it would still take it off. I'll give it a shot. I'm doing a thing for several people at my house in a few weeks so I'll do it then with one butt and not the other to see the difference. Thanks!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back