• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

RFI: Looking for some new recipes

Thanks, I didn't catch that either. I wonder how that would be if I smoked the sausage after putting a sear on it?

I am not sure that would be a good thing. I smoke sausage out of the package, never seared it first. Let us know how it goes!

I've done the apple stuffed pork chops and those are very good. I also put a bit of feta cheese in there with the apples for a little bite and it came out very well.

The crab stuffed chicken is intriguing. Which cut of the chicken did you use? I'm a thigh guy but a breast sounds like it would be perfect for that.

I don't have access to very much fresh seafood so I'm not sure about the lobster bisque but I have had it and I love it.

I love the grilled cheese idea! I've done similar with Italian or Cuban bread and have used Ciabatta rolls for gourmet burgers but never for grilled cheese. I bought a press a while back for Cubanos so I'm set, in that regard. That one gets the wheels turning NU, thank you for the idea(s). Right now, this is on the very short list.

My weekend got crazy, apologies for getting back so late.

I use the breast mostly as it's healthier. It's a great dinner!

All, thanks again for the ideas. I'll definitely be trying them in the near future. I went with carnitas last weekend due to the subtle "hints" dropped by my Queen before she left me unattended for the weekend. The pork turned out better than I could have expected. I've never used a Crock Pot much but there is something to be said for dropping something in there, turning it on and then coming back 6 hours later to a finished product. All I had left to do was pull the pork. I also took all of the vegetables and aromatics from the Crock Pot (pretty much a pure`e) and blended them with some of the juices after skimming off most of the fat, and poured it over the pork after I pulled it (why waste all of that leftover flavor?).

I also made pickled purple cabbage and onions, a roasted corn and mango salsa, chipotle and lime mayo and guacamole with blue corn chips which wereonly thing I didn't make in-house because I was too lazy. The combination of the toppings and the pork was phenomenal and these will be going into the rotation this summer. Sadly, no food pr0n this time. I had a few dudes from the neighborhood over and the drinks were flowing to the soundtrack of all things Ohio Players so I completely forgot to take pics.

Ok KingTM, now you have to share the carnitas recipe..... :Biggrin: :Biggrin: :Biggrin:

All, thanks again for the ideas. I'll definitely be trying them in the near future. I went with carnitas last weekend due to the subtle "hints" dropped by my Queen before she left me unattended for the weekend. The pork turned out better than I could have expected. I've never used a Crock Pot much but there is something to be said for dropping something in there, turning it on and then coming back 6 hours later to a finished product. All I had left to do was pull the pork. I also took all of the vegetables and aromatics from the Crock Pot (pretty much a pure`e) and blended them with some of the juices after skimming off most of the fat, and poured it over the pork after I pulled it (why waste all of that leftover flavor?).

I also made pickled purple cabbage and onions, a roasted corn and mango salsa, chipotle and lime mayo and guacamole with blue corn chips which wereonly thing I didn't make in-house because I was too lazy. The combination of the toppings and the pork was phenomenal and these will be going into the rotation this summer. Sadly, no food pr0n this time. I had a few dudes from the neighborhood over and the drinks were flowing to the soundtrack of all things Ohio Players so I completely forgot to take pics.

Ok KingTM, now you have to share the carnitas recipe..... :Biggrin: :Biggrin: :Biggrin:

Will do. I hope I wrote it all down. I'll check when I get back to the house and post it up, if I have it. If not, I'll go by what I can remember, which is always a crap shoot. ;) CRS is a horrible affliction.

Will do. I hope I wrote it all down. I'll check when I get back to the house and post it up, if I have it. If not, I'll go by what I can remember, which is always a crap shoot. ;) CRS is a horrible affliction.

CRS, LOL. We call it CRAFT in this household....the abbreviation is SFW, the full verbiage is not.....:Biggrin: :Biggrin: :Biggrin:

CRS, LOL. We call it CRAFT in this household....the abbreviation is SFW, the full verbiage is not.....:Biggrin: :Biggrin: :Biggrin:

LOL. I like that. I still owe you a recipe and I promise to get it posted up. Forgot all about it when I got to the house.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back