• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2014 Recruiting Class

You betcha, we agree.. but year 2.5 is long enough to start questioning.

Raising concerns or questioning is absolutely fine. The problem is we have a thread about our 2014 recruiting class, who isn't even on campus yet, and per usual the only post in this thread from FC is him vomiting negativity. You can say it's reality, which is fine, but if all you post on the baseball forum is negative, whether that be reality or opinion, it grows tiresome and quite frankly childish. Where are his posts in this thread about the great prospects committed that will more than likely be here? He can't tear anything down commenting on those guys, that's why you don't see them. He can't squash optimism talking about those prospects, that's why he doesn't reply on them. That's the problem.

That is where the "stop" came from.

In regards to my posts about Bo, I think anyone will tell you I pump him up as well as call him out, so I'm unsure how my posts about Bo are related to this topic.

Last edited:
Raising concerns or questioning is absolutely fine. The problem is we have a thread about our 2014 recruiting class, who isn't even on campus yet, and per usual the only post in this thread from FC is him vomiting negativity. You can say it's reality, which is fine, but if all you post on the baseball forum is negative, whether that be reality or opinion, it grows tiresome and quite frankly childish. Where are his posts in this thread about the great prospects committed that will more than likely be here? He can't tear anything down commenting on those guys, that's why you don't see them. He can't squash optimism talking about those prospects, that's why he doesn't reply on them. That's the problem.

In regards to my posts about Bo, I think anyone will tell you I pump him up as well as call him out, so I'm unsure how my posts about Bo are related to this topic.

I understand your point 100%, but your post sounds a lot like those from the football board.

Regardless, it isn't tiresome for me at all. He paid to post his opinion just like you and I.. and regardless of whether I agree or not (and I don't agree with everything he says) he is free to post it.

just my opinion

I understand your point 100%, but your post sounds a lot like those from the football board.

Regardless, it isn't tiresome for me at all. He paid to post his opinion just like you and I.. and regardless of whether I agree or not (and I don't agree with everything he says) he is free to post it.

just my opinion

LOL - ok...

LOL - ok...

:confused:

You don't think he should be able to post his opinions?

If Bo had won a Conference Championship say in year 3, but had the very same record he has now (each year, even the CC year) would that change things for you?

Take this post for instance..

Not with the gang of two

He has posted this numerous times, and a couple different threads.. pretty childish, but that is his right.

Last edited:
:confused:

You don't think he should be able to post his opinions?

If Bo had won a Conference Championship say in year 3, but had the very same record he has now (each year, even the CC year) would that change things for you?

Take this post for instance..

He has posted this numerous times, and a couple different threads.. pretty childish, but that is his right.

I'm just going to respond to your Bo question.

Absolutely. If he had won at least one conference championship by now, I would be completely sold on him and the 9 wins deal would be completely fine with me as we would also have a BCS game under our belt, and he would have proven he could get it done. The jury is still out on Pelini, unfortunately. I don't know if he can or can't do it, but again it's a pretty irrelevant comparison to Erstad since he is in year 2.5.

So you coming over and trying to make a point in the football forum is comparing apples to oranges, as I am both positive and negative depending on the subject in regards to Bo.

Last edited:
I'm just going to respond to your Bo question.

Absolutely. If he had won at least one conference championship by now, I would be completely sold on him and the 9 wins deal would be completely fine with me as we would also have a BCS game under our belt, and he would have proven he could get it done. The jury is still out on Pelini, unfortunately. I don't know if he can or can't do it, but again it's a pretty irrelevant comparison to Erstad since he is in year 2.5.

So you coming over and trying to make a point in the football forum is comparing apples to oranges, as I am both positive and negative depending on the subject in regards to Bo.

I wasn't comparing the two coaches, just comparing the two different attitudes towards the two coaches. It is not that irrelevant, you can see issues in year 3 of either sport. This is year 3 for Darin.. just isn't over yet.

Posters on the football board said the same as posters here do. You can see things are better.. and they said this in year 3, just like others are saying in year 3 for Darin.

My point in all this is you can find issues in year 3 and FC does.

Last edited:

I wasn't comparing the two coaches, just comparing the two different attitudes towards the two coaches. It is not that irrelevant, you can see issues in year 3 of either sport. This is year 3 for Darin.. just isn't over yet.

Posters on the football board said the same as posters here do. You can see things are better.. and they said this in year 3, just like others are saying in year 3 for Darin.

Exactly, there are positives though to Erstad in year 2.5....

Let's be done on this, this thread is about the 2014 recruiting class, please PM me if you have more concerns....

Last edited:
I don't dispute any of your post at all. I will say that the "it" factor, at least in baseball from my experience, is directly related to talent in relation to the talent around the player.

He does have impressive stats; I agree. Making the USA team is impressive, no doubt. However, that knife cuts both ways. For example, lots of college dudes think playing in the Cape Cod League is sweet. It is a hell of an experience I'm told and a lot of fun. However, most of them end up hurting their stock there rather than helping it as they put up average numbers rather than truly dominate like they had previously at their school. Like it or not, Reetz's talent requires that he put up some power numbers. Maybe he will this spring. I hope he does for him. Might even be worth a cycle or two to get there. Lots of guys on the edge do that to get the money; he's competing against that element, too, if he goes clean. He could boost his last year of high school and no one would ever know. (For the record, I'm a slight pro-steriod lean, but that probably deserves a different thread. I've never used steroids; know lots of dudes that have, know lots of dudes that wish they would have).

My thoughts on him are simply 1) he doesn't have big dollar power yet. I hope it develops. 2) I don't see him as a catcher in the professional ranks and I'd be surprised if he ended up as an every day guy behind the plate at the D-1 level. His 1.9 pop time should be much better (1.7-1.8) for both of the aforementioned levels, particularly if he is consistently living at +1, +2, or +3 of the mound. I just see him in the outfield or corner infield in the long term.

Lastly, major league organizations don't really give a damn about intangibles. They care only, at a minimum, about one of four things: 1) How hard can you throw it? 2) How far can you hit it? 3) Can you catch it? and 4) How fast can you run? Remember, they all have "camps" in the Dominican and Venezula where there are dozens of 14 year olds that can do everything Reetz can do (and I'm not exaggerating)

Going to UNL is a good move for him. Get drafted, see the bonus money they throw to him, get some experience in the draft process, put three college seasons in, cement a long term position, get stronger, enjoy college, develop some maturity that will be BADLY needed in short season ball. Having some extra years in life can really help a guy out there.

Reading the posts on Reetz has been interesting. I wanted to bump this as one of the biggest holes in his game from his stat line before this season was the lack of power. He has clearly addressed it and made himself stronger and better. Much more likely to see him go pro with the improved power numbers. I still see him as an outfielder in the professional game.

I agree wholeheartedly. Constant criticism and negativity becomes extremely tiresome. I have yet to read much of anything by Cheese that isn't.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back