• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Visit was a “10â€￾ : Some great feedback from recruits this past weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
FYI....from teasers....despite the loss, some great feedback from uncommitted visitors....FWIW Cyrus Hobbs and Aaron Green stayed the whole weekend....hopefully some good news will be comming on a few new commits soon....:)

Visit was a “10â€￾

It was a real journey for Koa Ka’ai to make his way from Honolulu (Hi.) on Friday to finally make it to Lincoln. All in all, it was about 10 hours of transportation time, not including layovers and such. Still, the experience for Ka’ai was amazing. He wanted Nebraska to get the win, but even without the Nebraska visit goes down with a perfect rating.

http://nebraska.scout.com/

Koa-Ka'ai & father awestruck at Nebraska visit
http://nebraska.rivals.com/forum.asp?fid=522

Adeyanju gives visit to Lincoln 'a 10'

DE James Adeyanju took his third official visit to NU this weekend and the Huskers made a ...

http://nebraska.rivals.com/

Huskers move to the top

Nebraska makes a solid impression on Onwuasor

http://nebraska.scout.com/

It was a tough game for the fans to hang in for, but I think the fact that they did helped to show these kids what kind of fans we have. I'm sure the university put on a spectacular tour for them as well.

FYI, Koa and his father were on my flight from Phoenix. Looks like he's got some room to grow in his frame.

Of the three quoted, what are your thoughts on our chances with them RR?

And on Cyrus and Green staying the whole weekend... Is that uncommon?

FYI, Koa and his father were on my flight from Phoenix.

So did you give him and his father the old sales pitch? We all have to do our part you know.

Thanks RR for the update. Nice to read some positive news. I hope the kids saw Nebraska for what it is: College Football MECCA but then again I'm a bit biased.

Would be good to hear a commit or 2, especially a certain RB from Texas who has a relative playing for us. Also would like to see one of the DE's commit.

Other than the loss (which is not a significant factor in making a 4-5 year committent), what's not to like about the game atmosphere, the facilities, the coaches, and the University?

Would be good to hear a commit or 2, especially a certain RB from Texas who has a relative playing for us. Also would like to see one of the DE's commit.

After watching the Texas game, I would think that Patrick Onwuasor has moved up the wishlist. I feel he is one of the better WR prospects in the state of California. Besides losing Niles Paul and Mike McNeill after this season, Kinnie will be a senior next year and there are no proven WRs waiting in the wings. At least not from what I have seen. Nebraska needs playmakers on offense, especially at WR. The OL didnt play too well either, but the WRs really let the team down on Saturday. 4 dropped TDs and 8 passes overall? Yikes.

After watching the Texas game, I would think that Patrick Onwuasor has moved up the wishlist. I feel he is one of the better WR prospects in the state of California. Besides losing Niles Paul and Mike McNeill after this season, Kinnie will be a senior next year and there are no proven WRs waiting in the wings. At least not from what I have seen. Nebraska needs playmakers on offense, especially at WR. The OL didnt play too well either, but the WRs really let the team down on Saturday. 4 dropped TDs and 8 passes overall? Yikes.

Agree wholeheartedly, interested to see what Enunwa is capable of though and wonder what happened to Gilleylan. I actually thoguht the line did well when Zac came in and they just ran more right at Texas.

Yeah me too....I think from what I have read and heard he could be ours if we really want him....this weekend may have expidited that...:) :)

We could have won that game, even as bad as we played, had they caught half of those passes...

Yeah me too....I think from what I have read and heard he could be ours if we really want him....this weekend may have expidited that...:) :)

We could have won that game, even as bad as we played, had they caught half of those passes...

Saying this may get me killed on here, but I must say that IMHO Niles Paul is overrated. He is a great physical talent and should take over games. He just doesnt.

Looking back all the way to 2008, when he was given significant PT, through 2009 and 2010 as a starter, here is what I gathered on Paul when Nebraska played a ranked team or someone considered to be a significant opponent. The evidence speaks for itself.

2008 vs. Virginia Tech: 1 rec. for 21 yards, 1 rush for minus 6 yards
2008 vs. #4 Missouri: 1 rush for 3 yards, no catches
2008 vs. #7 Texas Tech: 4 rec. for 25 yards
2008 vs. #4 Oklahoma: 1 rec. for 14 yards
2008 Gator Bowl vs. Clemson: 2 rec. for 13 yards
2009 vs. #13 Virginia Tech: 1 rec. for 19 yards
2009 vs. #24 Missouri: 6 rec. for 102 yards and 2 TD
2009 vs. Texas Tech: 1 rec. for 4 yards, 1 rush for minus 2 yards
2009 vs. #24 Oklahoma: No catches or rushes (2 PR's for 19 yards)
2009 B12 vs. Texas: 1 rec. for 4 yards
2009 Holiday Bowl vs. #20 Arizona: 4 rec. for 123 yards and a TD, 1 rush for 20 yards
2010 vs. Kansas State: 1 rec. for 17 yards
2010 vs. Texas: 6 rec. for 66 yards, 1 rush for 1 yard

He seems to have too many games where he makes bone-head plays and drops easy passes....even after he has caught one and is headed into the endzone ;)

Honestly though, I think his small hands are a big issue that will come up again before the NFL Draft.

Saying this may get me killed on here, but I must say that IMHO Niles Paul is overrated. He is a great physical talent and should take over games. He just doesnt.

Looking back all the way to 2008, when he was given significant PT, through 2009 and 2010 as a starter, here is what I gathered on Paul when Nebraska played a ranked team or someone considered to be a significant opponent. The evidence speaks for itself.

2008 vs. Virginia Tech: 1 rec. for 21 yards, 1 rush for minus 6 yards
2008 vs. #4 Missouri: 1 rush for 3 yards, no catches
2008 vs. #7 Texas Tech: 4 rec. for 25 yards
2008 vs. #4 Oklahoma: 1 rec. for 14 yards
2008 Gator Bowl vs. Clemson: 2 rec. for 13 yards
2009 vs. #13 Virginia Tech: 1 rec. for 19 yards
2009 vs. #24 Missouri: 6 rec. for 102 yards and 2 TD
2009 vs. Texas Tech: 1 rec. for 4 yards, 1 rush for minus 2 yards
2009 vs. #24 Oklahoma: No catches or rushes (2 PR's for 19 yards)
2009 B12 vs. Texas: 1 rec. for 4 yards
2009 Holiday Bowl vs. #20 Arizona: 4 rec. for 123 yards and a TD, 1 rush for 20 yards
2010 vs. Kansas State: 1 rec. for 17 yards
2010 vs. Texas: 6 rec. for 66 yards, 1 rush for 1 yard

He seems to have too many games where he makes bone-head plays and drops easy passes....even after he has caught one and is headed into the endzone ;)

Honestly though, I think his small hands are a big issue that will come up again before the NFL Draft.

Interesting stats, thanks N2FL. You may be on to something there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back