• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked POP UPS? What is up with the pop ups I keep getting when I click links in here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDog

Recruit
10 Year Member
I keep getting pop up ads when I click on links here in Huskermax.com. What is up with this and is there a way to fix it?

Amen, RedDog. It's very tiresome and intrusive. Be sure to clear all cookies from your browser - often.

Expected better from a site that requires payment to post.

I really hope it is not true that HM allows this to happen. I just hope that HM knows what each and every pop up is because if I click on one and it jacks my computer up it will be the last time I visit this site.

I really hope it is not true that HM allows this to happen. I just hope that HM knows what each and every pop up is because if I click on one and it jacks my computer up it will be the last time I visit this site.

Max we do not want you making money.....ever. In fact I would rather you be moneyless/homeless and provide us a popup free sight so I/we are not hassled with them. I've heard popups can give you a virus but i'm going to click on them all and i better not get a virus and if I do ...you won't see me back here.

You won't see pops popping up anymore!

There are ways to stop the popups. read the instructions with your browser.

Hey Pops...no need to be such a JA. I am asking a question about the site. I don't know if HM is doing it or if it is coming from someplace else. I don't mind them making money at all but I just hope they know what pop up are coming up on their site. My 10 year old son likes to read it and I don't want him clicking on something he should not be clicking on.

Please refrain from trying to hijack a thread and turn it into something it is not.

The majority of pop ups are sent to the new guys with less than 500 posts to their name.

Max we do not want you making money.....ever. In fact I would rather you be moneyless/homeless and provide us a popup free sight so I/we are not hassled with them. I've heard popups can give you a virus but i'm going to click on them all and i better not get a virus and if I do ...you won't see me back here.

You won't see pops popping up anymore!

There are ways to stop the popups. read the instructions with your browser.

Presumably, there would be a way to show ads only to nonmembers? That would seem like a sensible thing to me -- many sites are free with ads but ad free for premium users.

We believe we have isolated the cause of the pop ups and have removed it. They are usually for games from the App Store. Do not download them. If you are getting the game download pop ups clear your cache and that should take care of it.

Hey Pops...no need to be such a JA. I am asking a question about the site. I don't know if HM is doing it or if it is coming from someplace else. I don't mind them making money at all but I just hope they know what pop up are coming up on their site. My 10 year old son likes to read it and I don't want him clicking on something he should not be clicking on.

Please refrain from trying to hijack a thread and turn it into something it is not.

Not to self...never use dry humor at night

I was playing!!!!

good god everyone wound up like a clock

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back