• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked What about Jim Grobe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestTexasHusker

All Legend
10 Year Member
Had a pretty decent run at Wake Forest, considering what a graveyard that place is. He was in the mix after Billy C. got canned, with a HMax'er purportedly even taking a dump next to him at the Embassy Suites downtown.

Still a good coach I figure.

Possibility?

Last edited:

I've never been exited about Grobe. Sure, he did a good job of turning around Ohio, and has done well with little at WF, but nothing excites me.

He would probably come in at around #45 for me.

What about Jim Croce?

If he called Nebraska about the potential for an opening, maybe he'd start with "Operator, oh could you help me place this call?"

In football circles, does he even gotta name? And would NU really want a guy whose contract demands include a custom Continental and an El Dorado, too, for his car allowance? Shawn Eichorst has probably looked around enough to know that he's not the one Nebraska fans want to go through time with. But, like the fool I am and I'll always be, maybe I'm too quick to judge. For example, what are his thoughts about the ground game? Because if he has even 32 runs in his pocket full of fun, then he might be a better play caller than Tim Beck, whose offense sometimes looks like a jigsaw puzzle with a couple of pieces gone. (Especially with Taylor Martinez running like he has a razor in his shoe.)

There could also be a real problem when NU has to fly to away games.

Last edited:

In football circles, does he even gotta name? And would NU really want a guy whose contract demands include a custom Continental and an El Dorado, too, for his car allowance? Shawn Eichorst has probably looked around enough to know that he's not the one Nebraska fans want to go through time with. But, like the fool I am and I'll always be, maybe I'm too quick to judge. For example, what are his thoughts about the ground game? Because if he has even 32 runs in his pocket full of fun, then he might be a better play caller than Tim Beck, whose offense sometimes looks like a jigsaw puzzle with a couple of pieces gone. (Especially with Taylor Martinez running like he has a razor in his shoe.)

There could also be a real problem when NU has to fly to away games.

I'm happy to see you posting on the board again. Stick around!! :)

WTH: if you're gonna throw out coaches names as possible candidates....for gods sake, at least spell their names correctly! you've whiffed on your last 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back